Fulton Academy of Science and Technology (FAST)
Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is seeking a Fourth Grade Teacher for the 2021-22 school year.
About Us: Serving students in K-8, the mission of Fulton Academy of Science and Technology (FAST) is to provide an education based on innovation, design thinking and problem-solving with an emphasis on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) to children in the Fulton County community. Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is an accredited charter school in Roswell, GA that is also STEM certified. FAST’s goal is to prepare children in a way that provides them a foundation to be creative innovators and problem solvers so they are prepared for success and leadership in our rapidly changing world. By applying our background theme for academics, children will develop the foundations for learning and thinking that prepares them for success in post-secondary education and careers.Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is committed to:
- Teaching the skills and habits necessary for success in the areas of STEM
- Recruiting, training and retaining excellent teachers
- Building partnerships between the school, parents and the wider community
About You: As a teacher you will engage in:
- Developing age and content appropriate lessons aligned to the FAST core curriculum Providing a classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject area
- Bringing innovation in the form of Genius Hour into your classroom
- Collaborating with other team members and administration
- Helping students gain critical, creative and problem solving skills
- Supporting and participating in school wide activities
- Ensuring classroom is attractive, safe, and conducive for learning
- Effectively communicating with parents and caregivers
- Supporting FAST’s mission and vision
- Creating a positive educational climate
Education and Training:
- A minimum of four year Bachelor degree required.
- A degree in education
- Valid Georgia Teaching Certification in applicable field required, or must be eligible to hold a valid Georgia Teaching Certificate
- Two years of demonstrated success as a full-time elementary classroom teacher preferred
Compensation: As part of the FAST team, you will enjoy a full-time position with a competitive salary, medical (fully paid for), dental, and vision benefits, while working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria. Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
As part of the FAST team, you will enjoy a full-time position in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- To Apply: Interested candidates should complete the assessment on Indeed and also go to fastk8.org to complete the school application
- Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
How to Apply
STEP ONE: Go to www.fastk8.org/employment to fill out our school application form
STEP TWO: Go to Indeed to complete the process: