Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School
The Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School (ANCS) is a K-8 public charter school that was named 2015 Georgia “Charter School of the Year”. The mission of ANCS is to use the principles of the Coalition of Essential Schools to:
- BUILD an empowered and inclusive community of students, parents, and educators
- ENGAGE the whole child—intellectually, social-emotionally, and physically
- HELP all students to know themselves and to be known well by their community
- CHALLENGE each student to take an active role as an informed citizen in a global society
- COLLABORATE with the larger community to advocate for student-centered schools
Under the direction of the Executive Director and working closely with the Governing Board’s Fund Development committee, this position coordinates and manages our school’s fund development program, which raises funds to further the mission of ANCS, primarily through our Gather & Grow Fund (raises approximately $125,000 annually) and auction (raises approximately $90,000 annually).
Core duties include providing administrative support for assigned Fund Development tasks, including but not limited to database implementation and maintenance, gift entry and acknowledgement, donor recognition, website updates, communications and promotional materials, solicitations, planning and assistance for events, such as the annual auction, Annual Campaign week, donor recognition party, and , various parent meetings and events.
- Process and acknowledge gifts
- Manage database implementation (Bloomerang) and regular maintenance/clean up
- Generate regular monthly Fund Development reports and other ad hoc reports as needed
- Prepare letters of inquiry, Fund Development mailers, newsletters, and other donor cultivation activities
- Maintain inventory of Fund Development marketing materials, such as stationery, magnets, solicitations, etc.
- Coordinate, recruit, and track Fund Development volunteers as needed
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for Fund Development events. Responsibilities include creating invitations, tracking RSVPs, answering guest questions, setting up nametags, sign-in sheets, and informational tables, coordinating food/beverages, and providing other support during the event.
- Assist with grant proposals and reports as needed
- Work closely with Auction Chairs to provide annual auction support such as volunteer recruitment, data entry and technology support using specified software, sponsor solicitation and management, on-site auction logistics, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
ANCS Executive Director
The qualifications preferred for this position include:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and have ability and interest to learn new software. Experience with database management, fundraising software (such as Bloomerang or Raiser’s Edge), basic graphic design software (Illustrator and/or Photoshop), and email marketing systems (MailChimp) is a plus.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to prioritize projects and work under deadlines.
- Experience or strong interest in learning about development/fundraising, especially in an educational setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to use discretion with confidential information, professionalism, support of ANCS mission, ability to communicate school’s initiatives.
220-day employee | Up to approximately 20 hours per week
Competitive and commensurate with experience; eligible for ANCS employee benefits