Georgia Cyber Academy
Starting Salary: $50,000
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting the Human Resources department with essential day to day functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential duties.
• Assists with onboarding all new hires to include processing all RTH, generating contracts, sending
welcome packets, and entering all new hires in the HRIS to include substitutes
• Assists with the exiting of employees
• Participates in developing organizational guidelines and procedures
• Assists with all internal and external HR related matters.
• Point of Contact for benefits, PTO, Leave/Time and Attendance, Extended Leave and FMLA.
• Manages and maintain workers compensation including risk assessments and audits
• Manages and maintain unemployment including processing claims, appeals and hearings
• Assists with annual open enrollment for benefits and assist with all health and wellness inquiries.
• Produces and submit reports on general HR activity.
• Assists with employee training and development initiatives
• Undertakes tasks around performance management.
• Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
• Manages ACA reporting
• Enhances job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing
team building activities.
• Manages all TRS requirements for new hires and existing employees, retirement, and report monthly TRS
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended
best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex
and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Promotes HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
• Assists with employee engagement by recommending strategies to motivate employees.
• Keeps up-to-date with the latest HR trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in
human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Attends meetings, conferences and trainings as determined by the Human Resources Assistant
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
• Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles
pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
• Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions,
maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
• Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions,
helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent to years of experience in field
• 3-4 years of HR generalist experience
• Minimum of 5 years payroll experience
• General knowledge of TRS (Teacher’s Retirement System)
Certificates and Licenses: GaPSC Clearance Certificate.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Great organizational and time management skills
• Proficient in MS Excel, MSWord, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Proficient in Gmail and G-suite
• Proficient with Zoom Conferencing Platform
• TRS & CPI knowledge
• Strong technology skills
• Experience using search engines (internet) for research projects
• Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
• Ability to pass required background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is an office-based position. The employee will be required to be on site 5 days per week.
• The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents
will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further
understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed
except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Job Type: Temporary