Tapestry Public Charter School
Tapestry Public Charter School seeks a Human Resources Officer to provide leadership and assume management responsibility for the direction, coordination, integration, and implementation of human resource policies and procedures at Tapestry Public Charter School.
The mission of Tapestry is to offer an inclusive, individualized learning environment that is academically engaging, both for neurotypical students and those on the autism spectrum, and to create a positive school culture that empowers all students to take possession of their innate talents and become creative builders of their own futures. More about Tapestry may be found at tapestrycharter.org.
The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for overseeing the policies and procedures for the recruitment, hiring, onboarding, remediation, discipline, and termination of all employees in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and requirements. We are seeking someone who believes in Tapestry’s mission and truly enjoys working with passionate people in a unique, fastpaced environment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures to ensure transparency, consistency and legal compliance in the hiring, onboarding, and terminating of employees
- Assist with hiring new employees. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in recruitment efforts
- Post job ads and organize resumes and job applications
- Schedule job interviews and assist in the interview process
- Collect employment and tax information
- Ensure background and reference checks are complete
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Orient new employees to the organization
- Conduct benefit enrollment process
- Serve as a point person for new employee questions
- Maintain current Human Resource files and databases
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Track staff policy compliance and serve as initial point of contact for corrective action for matters unrelated to instruction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource, or five years of relevant experience
- Adept at at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Communicate clearly, both written and orally , with employees, members of the management team, and in group presentations and meetings.
- Prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Organized, accurate, thorough and monitor work for quality
- Dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction and be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- Experience working in a school setting
- Knowledge of charter school regulations
Salary: $23.00 per hour for approximately 25 hours per week. This is an 11-month position.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, interested candidates should send (1) a cover letter summarizing interest, skills, and qualifications; (2) a resume or curriculum vitae; (3) the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to Barbara Boone, Principal, at email@example.com. Applications without all three requirements will be considered incomplete.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Tapestry Public Charter School is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from persons of all backgrounds. Before hire, applicants must satisfy a background investigation including a criminal background check.