Georgia Cyber Academy
Job Title: Information Technology and Security Specialist II
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director of Technology, the school’s Information Technology Specialist will work to implement and maintain GCA’s IT plans and policies. The incumbent in this position provides GCA with on-site end user computing support, including: investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving network, hardware, software, filtering and instructional technology incidents. In doing so, the Technology Specialist II will effectively use GCA’s incident tracking software, and communicate with both end users and other technology support resources on the progression of incidents to resolution. The Technology Specialist II is the first line of defense in supporting GCA’s information security policies and practices. The incumbent will be knowledgeable and accountable for ensuring data security and digital safety for staff and students.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands
- Planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks, etc.
- Manage G-Suite and MS365 platforms, including daily maintenance, troubleshooting, and updates
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable understanding of mail routing and related technologies
- Protect data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means
- Core service management, including Active Directory or *nix alternative, DNS, Backups, resource monitoring and logging, etc
- Coordinate with suppliers and contractors on hardware and software support
- Maintain and configure VOIP devices, switches, phones, and access points.
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
- Coordinate the needs of in-house and remote employees, vendors and contractors
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
- Filter and monitor electronic traffic to protect employees and students
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain physical inventory and electronic licensing inventory
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor(s) Degree, preferably in Computer Information Systems or a related field AND
- Experience (two to five) OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- G-Suite Admin Console Management, MS365 Management
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Ability to pass required background check
- Strong Google G-Suite Admin Console Management Experience
- Strong MS365 Management
- System Administration
- Network Security
- Information Security Policies,
- Network Troubleshooting,
- Firewall Administration,
- Network Protocols,
- Routers, Hubs, and Switches
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an office-based position / home-based position. The noise level in the office is usually moderate (computers, printers, light foot traffic).
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.