Utopian Academy for the Arts
Utopian Academy for the Arts is an independent public charter school serving middle school children and families throughout Clayton County, GA. Utopian Academy was approved by the State Charter Schools Commission of Georgia and operates as a Local Education Agency. The rationale for the enrollment plan for Utopian Academy for the Arts is to provide a significant educational benefit of having gender-based classroom environments, Saturday school, and classes in the dramatic, media, and culinary arts for students in Clayton County, GA.
- Support leadership in the ongoing development, improvement, and evaluation of curriculum, instruction, and student data management;
- Responsible for coaching teachers on instructional deliveries and methods;
- Practice observing classrooms and rating according to the Georgia Teacher Keys Effectiveness System in order to develop a shared understanding of the excellent classroom at Utopian Academy;
- Explore the literacy standards and create lessons that build scholars’ literacy skills by incorporating the standards;
- Design a system of daily assessments in order to track student progress and facilitate teachers’ use of data to inform instruction;
- Practice facilitating lesson planning clinics in order to be able to lead teachers in writing effective and engaging, standards-based plans that include rigorous and engaging instructional strategies;
- Utilize protocol to analyze MAP data to differentiate instruction based on individual student needs;
- Develop Utopian Academy data analysis protocol to be used to inform small group and whole class instruction;
- Develop and implement a plan of action to best support all scholars in moving the next achievement level (i.e. beginning to developing, developing to proficient, proficient to distinguished);
- Practice facilitating a lesson protocol in order to lead teachers in providing peer-to- peer lesson plan feedback;
- Practice facilitating teach back sessions in which teachers practice targeted sections of a lesson and get immediate feedback from multiple perspectives;
- Engage in team building, culture and instructional visioning, goal-setting, and action planning in response to the 2018-19 student achievement, teacher effectiveness, and parent satisfaction data.
- Assist Executive Director and Principal in developing staff development programming;
- Assist Principal in the development of school created assessments;
- Assist in making formal reports to the Governing Board of Directors and charter entity on student academic performance.
- Prepare a variety of complex reports including State mandated reports related to assigned activities.
- Assist in distribution, collection and coordination of testing materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree or graduate degree preferred in education, Curriculum and Instruction;
- Administrative certification a plus;
- Demonstrated successful 5 years of teaching experience
- Proven expertise in teaching and learning, specifically literacy;
- Strong experience in curriculum design for middle school;
- Demonstrated ability in data management and presentation; strong Microsoft Office and other presentation formats such as videoconferencing and experience with online assessment tools;
- Strong motivation and assessments skills, an effective independent worker;
- Outstanding writing skills; to write and edit quickly with minimal supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage projects and people simultaneously;
- Exhibited leadership in working with professional staff, students, and the community;
- Agreement with the academic goals and philosophy of Utopian Academy for the Arts;
- Commitment to accountability, including rigorous curriculum, instruction and assessment;
- Demonstrated success in encouraging parental involvement;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
How to Apply
Application and materials must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
PLEASE STATE POSITION APPLIED FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience with supporting a charter school, or arts integrated school. Please cite specific and measurable examples from your practice that make you a fit for our Instructional Consultant position;
- Resume; and
- 3 Current Letters of Recommendation with contact information.