Utopian Academy for the Arts
About Utopian Academy for the Arts: Utopian Academy for the Arts is an independent public charter school serving middle school children and families throughout Clayton County, GA. Utopian Academy was approved by the State Charter Schools Commission of Georgia and operates as a Local Education Agency. The rationale for the enrollment plan for Utopian Academy for the Arts is to provide a significant educational benefit of having a gender-based classroom environment, longer school day, longer school year, Saturday school, and classes in the dramatic, media, and culinary arts for students in Clayton County, GA.
- Support leadership in the ongoing development, improvement, and evaluation of curriculum, instruction, and student data management;
- Responsible for coaching teachers on instructional delivery and methods;
- Assist Executive Director and Principal in developing staff development programming;
- Assist Principal in the development of school created assessments;
- Assist in making formal reports to the Governing Board of Directors and charter entity on student academic performance.
- Prepare a variety of complex reports including State mandated reports related to assigned activities.
- Assist in distribution, collection and coordination of testing materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree or graduate degree preferred in education, Curriculum and Instruction;
- Administrative certification a plus;
- Demonstrated successful 5 years of teaching experience
- Proven expertise in teaching and learning, specifically literacy;
- Strong experience in curriculum design for middle school;
- Demonstrated ability in data management and presentation; strong Microsoft Office and other presentation formats such as videoconferencing and experience with online assessment tools;
- Strong motivation and assessments skills, an effective independent worker;
- Outstanding writing skills; to write and edit quickly with minimal supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage projects and people simultaneously;
- Exhibited leadership in working with professional staff, students, and the community;
- Agreement with the academic goals and philosophy of Utopian Academy for the Arts;
- Commitment to accountability, including rigorous curriculum, instruction and assessment;
- Demonstrated success in encouraging parental involvement;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
How to Apply
Application and materials must be submitted electronically to email@example.com PLEASE STATE POSITION APPLIED FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience with supporting a charter school, or arts integrated school. Please cite specific and measurable examples from your practice that make you a fit for our Social Studies Teacher position.
- Valid Copy of your teaching certificate or steps that you will obtain to secure a valid certificate for the position applied for.
- 3 Current Letters of Recommendation with contact information