SLAM Academy of Atlanta
Provides assistance with classroom organization, management, and presentation/development of classroom instruction; Works under the general supervision of the instructional staff. Assists in all areas of the building to enforce school policy. Provides support to teachers and building administration in ensuring a safe and orderly learning environment. Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to information concerning students, personnel, and other administrative matters affecting the district.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
Core Instructional Responsibilities
- Provides small group and/or individualized instruction to students with disabilities in accordance with the supervising teachers’ lesson plans.
- Collects instructional and behavioral data for all objectives being taught for each student.
- Implements Behavior Intervention Plans for students with disabilities.
- Monitors students before and after school and during non-instructional transition periods.
- Supervises students closely during breakfast and/or lunch and/or recess.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the classroom teacher or appropriate administrator.
- Assists the teacher in the preparation of educational materials for students
- Assists with all aspects of the daily routine, including distributing and collecting supplies, keeping attendance records, and grading quizzes as assigned
- During fire drills or other emergency evacuation of the school, the aide assists in ensuring a safe and orderly exiting of the building
- Assists with preparing and maintaining bulletin boards and other learning centers areas for instruction
- Participates in required additional training related to the SLAM model of instruction
0 – 1 year experience required
Certification/Licensure: Must be able to obtain Georgia PSC Paraprofessional Certificate within 1 year from Date of Hire.
Minimum Qualifications: Excellent communication skills both written and verbal Good organizational skills. Good attitude. Classroom experience and/or proven ability to work with children preferred
Salary Information: $19,900- $24,000
- 7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
How to Apply
- Click ‘Job Search.’
- Select ‘SLAM Academy of Atlanta’ under ‘School System’ and click ‘Add.’
- Click ‘Search.’
- Select the job you wish to apply for.
If any questions, please contact Ms. Shaurie Walker at email@example.com