Rise Grammar School
Education: High School Diploma or GED required plus 60 semester hours of college credit; OR 90 quarter hours from a technical college; OR pass the Georgia Paraprofessional Assessment test
Certification/Licensure: Georgia Paraprofessional Certificate required
Experience: 0-1 year experience required
- Work Habits
- Observes assigned work hours.
- Maintains a pattern of prompt and regular attendance.
- Follows the daily schedule as prescribed.
- Adjusts to work assignments and/or schedule changes.
- Performance Responsibilities
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by the Student Support Team (SST) and assigned teacher.
- Supports the classroom teacher with behavior/classroom management
- Provides extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students or those with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Assists as directed by the teacher in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP team.
- Assists the teacher in preparing materials and equipment for direct instructional activity, including locating, copying, collating, distributing and/or grouping materials to support instructional activities planned by the teacher.
- Assists with bulletin boards and decorations for instructional purposes and for special events.
- Supervises students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
- Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack time, restroom breaks, and transition routines.
- Serves as a source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned to the class.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the teacher, principal or his/her designee.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with principal, supervising teacher, students, parents, staff and public.
- Training and Experience
- Participates in professional learning activities which align with school improvement goals.
- Participates in staff development opportunities provided by the county.
- Personal Qualities
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work assignment.
- Accepts responsibility for the work assigned.
- Maintains appropriate appearance and personal hygiene.
- Accepts constructive criticism.
REPORTS TO: Student Support Team Coordinator, Supervising Teacher, Principal or his/her designee.
JOB GOAL: To assist, support and work closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in providing a quality instructional/behavioral program for students.
How to Apply
To apply for career opportunities with the Rise Schools, please contact Davion Lewis at: dlewis