International Charter Academy of Georgia
Job Title: Teacher
Reports to: ICAGeorgia Principal
Approved by: ICAGeorgia Board
International Charter Academy of Georgia, a Japanese-English Dual Language immersion program serving a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic, multi-lingual K-5 community in Peachtree Corners, GA is seeking qualified and passionate part-time educators to help our school realize its mission to broaden the horizons of students in Georgia so that they may become global citizens who promote peace around the world.
All employees and volunteers work together to fulfill ICAGeorgia’s mission statement. The thoughts reflected in this description provide structure to the responsibilities and accountabilities for this position; however, ICAGeorgia expects to employ professionals who will work beyond job descriptions, creating both a fulfilling career environment and very successful outcomes for our students.
- Chinese lesson planning on its culture and language
- Plan and create activities that reflect the Chinese culture
- Prepare the classroom by gathering and setting up supplies or materials
- Ensure the classroom is maintained as a safe and secure environment
- Ensure student safety at all times
- Notify administration of any concerns not limited to accident, health, discipline, academic, and social issues.
- Document as required.
- Educate special education students with various disabilities including learning disabilities, slow processing, ADHD, and/or on the Autism Spectrum
- Communicate and collaborate with parents/guardians, general education teachers, administrators, and other service providers regarding student progress.
- Develop lesson plans; identify instructional materials; assess equipment needs to augment instruction; maintain student data; utilize a variety of instructional strategies to improve student achievement in a general curriculum, and promote positive student behavior.
- Participate in departmental meetings and professional learning activities.
- Assess student progress
- Responsible for quarterly progress reports and/or report cards
- Management techniques to increase student achievement
- Develop a multi-cultural learning environment for all students that emphasizes a respect for diversity
Facilitate ongoing parent/guardian communications and conferences to discuss student progress
- Share best practices with other teachers and collaborate with them to improve instructional and assessment practices
- Establish a classroom culture of high expectations that engages all students
- Must be flexible and willing to help in different roles at the school to meet various school needs
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal
- Bachelor’s Degree: Associate Degree, College Student
- English fluency at a near-native level
- Must support the school’s mission, philosophies, and goals
- Must have a working knowledge of differentiating instruction and willingness to learn more
- Experience with elementary students preferred
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate effective communication, professional standards, and ethical behavior
- Ability to work effectively with school administration and school colleagues to ensure school culture and student achievement
- Experience working in a school that utilizes a dual-language immersion model preferred (not required)
- Must pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
SALARY RANGE: Stipend
Position Type: less than part-time
Position Available: 1
Job Category: Teacher