International Charter Academy of Georgia
International Charter Academy of Georgia, a Japanese-English Dual Language immersion program serving a multi-cultural, multi-linguistic, multi-lingual K-5 community in Peachtree Corners, GA is seeking qualified and passionate full-time educators to help our school realize its mission to broaden the horizons of students in Georgia so that they may become global citizens who promote peace around the world.
All employees and volunteers work together to fulfill the ICAGeorgia’s mission statement. The thoughts reflected in this description provide structure to the responsibilities and accountabilities for this position; however, ICAGeorgia expects to employ professionals who will work beyond job descriptions, creating both a fulfilling career environment and very successful outcomes for our students.
- Teach content and skills utilizing the ICAGeorgia curriculum which is based on current Georgia education standards
- Develop standards based lessons, units and assessments that focus on teaching the school curriculum while differentiating as needed
- Ensure classroom is maintained as a safe and secure environment
- Ensure student safety at all times
- Notify administration of any concerns not limited to accident, health, discipline, academic, and social issues.
- Document as required.
- Educate special education students with various disabilities including learning disabilities, slow processing, ADHD and/or on the Autism Spectrum
- Teach students in small group pull-out instruction and inclusion
- Communicate and collaborate with parents/guardians, general education teachers, administrators, and other service providers regarding student progress.
- Develop lesson plans; identify instructional materials; assess equipment needs to augment instruction; maintain student data; utilize a variety of instructional strategies to improve student achievement in a general curriculum; and promote positive student behavior.
- Schedule and conduct IEP meetings and prepare relevant paperwork.
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, and other professionals regarding students’ educational programming.
- Participate in departmental meetings and professional learning activities.
- Ability to develop and maintain systems to monitor overall student progress and specific progress toward achieving goals through formal, informal assessments, and data collection.
- Responsible for quarterly progress reports, chairing annual review meetings, and writing Individual Education Plans.
- Management techniques to increase student achievement
- Develop a multi-cultural learning environment for all students that emphasizes a respect for diversity
- Facilitate ongoing parent/guardian communications and conferences to discuss student progress
- Share best practices with other teachers and collaborate with them to improve instructional and assessment practices
- Establish a classroom culture of high expectations that engages all students
- Must be flexible and willing to help in different roles at the school to meet various school needs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders as necessary to ensure purposeful implementation of the school’s academic model and provide student enrichment opportunities that enhance academic achievement, cultural competency, and service learning spirit
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal
- Bachelor’s Degree: degree in special education
- Currently hold or willing to gain certification for Special Education, Early Childhood Education in the State of Georgia
- English fluency at a near native level
- Must support the school’s mission, philosophies and goals
- Must have knowledge and experience in differentiating instruction and matching the intervention to meet the individual needs of special education students.
- Experience with elementary students
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate effective communication, professional standards and ethical behavior
- Ability to work effectively with school administration and school colleagues to ensure school culture and student achievement
- Experience working in a school that utilizes a dual-language immersion model preferred (not required)
- Must pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
SALARY RANGE: $41,981.40 – $63,603.00
Position Type: Full-time Position Available: 1
Job Category: Teacher