Ivy Preparatory Academy
Ivy Preparatory Academy
Mission: Ivy Prep Academy has an established culture of achievement whereby academic success is vital, and the development of a girl’s individual potential is central. All Ivy Prep scholars receive a personalized education plan that guides their journey to success. They are taught by highly effective teachers who understand how girls learn best, and how to inspire each scholar to reach their potential.
We go beyond math, science, and language arts. Our rigorous curriculum and after school activities expose scholars to a host of academic and social avenues, including coding, public speaking, foreign language, college-career readiness tours, physical education, music, dance, step, cheerleading and more.
We are now hiring for the 2021-2022 school year here at Ivy Preparatory Academy!
Are you interested in becoming a teacher at one of the most unique all girl charter schools in the state of Georgia? If so, please check out Ivy Preparatory Academy. We pride ourselves on providing quality rigorous instruction in a single gender environment. Recently, there have been many national and international endorsements advocating for the creation of more single-gender schools and classrooms.
Under the direction of the Academy Leader, the teacher is responsible for the education of assigned students and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for learning and personal growth. The teacher will establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education, and do so in accordance with each student’s ability. Professional relations will be developed and maintained with other staff and parents.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Teach subject matter utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, correlated with other appropriate learning activities.
- Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
- Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
- Control the storage and use of district owned property; make minor adjustments and request repairs as required.
- Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
- Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress.
- Evaluate student’s academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means discussing academic and personal progress; interpret school programs.
- Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas.
- Demonstrate professional ethics as outlined by the Georgia Professional Standards Committee.
- Conform to District policies, including attendance, absences and evaluations.
- Attendance must be adequate to acceptably perform listed job functions.
Ivy Preparatory Academy is a K-8 grade level school. When applying, please note which grade level and subject you are interested in.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply
APPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING LINK: