Ivy Preparatory Academy
The Paraprofessional is responsible for the education of assigned students and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for learning and personal growth. The paraprofessional will establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education and do so in accordance with each student’s ability. Professional relations will be developed and maintained with other staff and parents.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Conducts small group or individual classroom activities based on lesson plans developed by the teacher
- Assists with supervision of students and help maintain discipline.
- Assists with student assessment, grading work and test and collecting data on student progress.
- Assist with routine record keeping.
- Assists with the preparation of materials for instruction.
- Locates, operates, and returns equipment required for classroom activities.
- Assists with classroom housekeeping.
- Assists in the ordering and inventory of classroom equipment and materials.
- Assists with school-wide supervision, such as loading and unloading buses, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS ABILITIES:
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent preparation and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Effective classroom management
- Demonstrate professionalism
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Georgia Educator’s Paraprofessional Certificate required
- High School Diploma/ Associates Degree, 2 years of college credit
- Experience preferred but not required
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply
Please apply here.