- Family-sized classes of 7-9 students for ALL grade levels
- Starting salaries that are competitive to area school districts
- Career Promotions Pathway Program that rewards top performing teachers with up to $8,000 in salary increases.
- Weekly classroom coaching sessions with instructional leads
- 3.5 hours per week of professional development and 40 minutes of daily planning
- Teachers are subject experts who focus only on two- three subjects. (Math, Science, and Social Studies or Language Arts, and Social Studies)
- Hold high expectations through press and support to all students
- Be prompt and present from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm; eager to participate in carpool, parent meetings, and other school functions that require student supervision after hours.
- Customize and differentiate Kindezi’s weekly lesson plans to meet the needs of each student’s diverse needs.
- Analyze data and develop action plans to constantly improve student achievement through rigorous meaningful instruction.
- Coordinate the gifted education identification process including communicating information about the identification process, the completion of accurate student profiles within timeline requirements, and administering standardized tests if required for the process
- Assess student abilities related to educational goals, objectives, and/or learning strategies and outcomes and preparing Differentiated Services Plans to meet those goals, objectives, and outcomes
- Plan appropriate instructional and/or learning strategies and activities, including determination of appropriate principles of learning, organizational structures and type, level, and complexity of materials
- Implement an instructional program that provides appropriate learning experiences for each identified student including the use of strategies to generate critical thinking and to support metacognition
- Utilize a variety of instructional materials and available multi-media and computer technology to enhance learning
- Continue to communicate with students on instructional expectations and keeping them informed of their progress
- Manage the behavior of learners in instructional settings to ensure environment is conducive to the learning process, and assisting and participating in management of student behavior
- Collect data, completing required reports, and attending regularly scheduled staff and gifted education program meetings
- Work with classroom teachers, and other instructional personnel, including Special Education teachers, to support instruction
- Demonstrate prompt and accurate written communications and reports
- Work to ensure that all IEPs are met both within and outside of the classroom.
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and their families by keeping them informed on education related issues and school events
- Be reflective when participating in weekly coaching and professional development
- Openly collaborate with partner teacher and grade level team
- Work to maintain a positive learning environment that cultivates both the academic and socio-emotional needs of the students.
Kindezi Charter School at West Lake 1890 Detroit Ave NW, Atlanta, GA 30314
Kindezi Charter School at Old Fourth Ward 386 Pine Street Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Minimum 1 year of teaching experience in an urban environment (preferred)
- Current Georgia Teacher Certificate or out of State Certificate
- Current Gifted Certification
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing student achievement
- Dedicated, reflective thinker with a growth mindset
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salaries are competitive with the area school districts. Competitive benefits package includes health coverage (medical, dental, vision) and Teacher Retirement System of Georgia.
How to Apply
Go to http://www.kindezi.org/instructional-positions/ to complete an online teacher application.