We are looking for experienced educators with a proven track record of closing the achievement gap through high-quality data-driven differentiated instruction. Our top performing teachers believe that all students deserve an equitable education experience no matter their circumstances. They work extremely hard to not only meet academic goals but also to support the social-emotional needs of our students. Our educators understand that teaching is hard work, but with a little perseverance, great rewards are soon to follow.
Deadline to Apply: Rolling, Priority given to applications before April 1, 2020
Benefits of Employment:
At Kindezi, we operate as a family and approach our work each day with a supportive, collaborative, community-based approach. While serving our students remains at the center of everything we do, knowing each other’s quirks, families, and values is part of what makes our staff, students, administration and parents work together as a high-impact community. In addition to being apart of our family, at Kindezi you will:
- Never stop learning We believe the best professional development is differentiated to each teacher’s individual strengths and needs. All Kindezi teachers are trained in Kindezi’s Teacher Rubric and receive observations and feedback to support their mastery of core teaching skills.
- Connect with students on a deeper level Knowing our students individually is the gateway to teaching our students most effectively. Our family-sized classes allow our educators to tailor instruction to each student’s unique academic and socio-emotional needs. We structure our schools to reflect this value, with the smallest class sizes in Metro Atlanta public education.
- Maximize your strengths Kindezi educators work in departmentalized grade level teams, allowing each educator to focus on one to two subjects. Elementary teachers choose to specialize in Math and Science, or, focus on Language Arts and Social Studies, while middle school teachers specialize in Math, Science, Language Arts, or Social Studies. We also have teachers specializing in Visual Arts, Physical Education, Computer Science, Drama, STEM, or Entrepreneurship for a range of grades.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package We offer Teacher Retirement System (TRS) pension, 401(3)b plan, paid time off, health, vision, and dental, employer paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability.
- Hold high expectations through differentiated learning for all students
- Develop and deliver high-quality instruction in one or more subject areas
- Actively participate in weekly coaching and lesson planning clinics
- Strive to meet network and school-based academic and socio-emotional goals
- Plan and execute field trips and project-based learning opportunities
- Be prompt and present daily; eager to participate in a carpool, parent meetings, and other school functions that require student supervision after hours.
- Analyze data and develop action plans to constantly improve student achievement through rigorous meaningful instruction.
- Work to ensure that all IEPs are met to support the individual needs of the student.
- Maintain a positive classroom culture with tier one interventions in place
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and their families by keeping them informed on education-related issues and school events
- Openly collaborate with partner teacher and grade level team
- Work to maintain a positive learning environment that cultivates both the academic and socio-emotional needs of the students.
- Values that align with the Kindezi model and goals
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing student achievement
- Dedicated, reflective thinker with a growth mindset
- Be a United States citizen or otherwise have authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education (2.5 GPA or higher)
- Hold an active Georgia Professional Standards Commission Clearance Certificate, and/or have the ability to pass an Atlanta Public Schools background check
Must adhere to ONE of the following five credentialing options:
- Hold an active Georgia teacher certification issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, or hold an active out-of-state teacher certification;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or Advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the subject matter in which you teach (ie. elementary education, History, Biology, English, etc.);
- Pass the Georgia Assessment for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Program Admissions Assessment or meet exemption through GRE, SAT, or ACT scores as specified by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission;
- Have evidence of 21+ credit hours in specialized training in the subject(s) taught, such as an academic major or the equivalent in the subject(s); or
- Have a passing score on the Georgia Assessment for the Certification of Educators (GACE) content assessment for the area/subject taught
- Three or more years of teaching experience in an urban environment
- Hold an active Georgia teacher certification issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, or hold an active out-of-state teacher certification
How to Apply
Our educators are carefully selected through a rigorous four-step (application, video interview, in-person demo lesson, and references) hiring process. During this process, we are looking to learn your education mindset, how you develop meaningful relationships and deliver content to drive students’ individualized growth. While we ask teachers to specify their campus preference, school placement is subject to current openings aligned with teacher credentials.
We invite you to take 30 minutes to complete the first step in your hiring journey with us. We look forward to learning more about you.