The GLOBE Academy
Head of School, upper campus
The GLOBE Academy
Full time, 12 month position
HOS, Lead Administrator of Upper Campus
The chance to lead The GLOBE Academy as its Head of School (HOS) of Upper Campus is an exciting opportunity for an upper elementary/middle school leader who is energized by the school’s: mission and vision, commitment to continuous advancement, rigorous standards, supportive environment, and close partnership with teachers, students, and parents. The school would welcome an educator who values a global community, differentiated instruction, and who is committed to meeting students’ individual needs to maximize their learning potential in a Dual Language Immersion (DLI) school. The next Head of School should have experience overseeing the development and implementation of evidence-based curricula (workshop model of teaching) and supporting faculty through their growth and development. Knowledge of overseeing the implementation of a DLI program is not required, but would be preferred.
This is a position for a dedicated, good-humored administrator who understands the developmental needs of upper elementary/middle school students and can inspire meaningful parental engagement. Ideally, candidates will offer most or all of the following attributes:
- Excellent academic credentials, including an advanced degree
- Significant experience as an elementary school educator and leader
- Exceptional organizational and management skills, including the ability to hire well and mentor effectively
- A mastery of best practices in curriculum and program development, DLI experience preferred.
- Experience working with a dynamic team of leaders and educators
- Outstanding and highly responsive communication skills, written and oral
* Has worked with a Student Information System for FTE and scheduling
* Shown leadership and management with staff that reports to you
* Willing to wear many hats within the realm of education
* Comfort with speaking to large groups of staff/parents/students and The Governing Board
Leadership Style and Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated appreciation and care for upper elementary age and middle school students and eagerness to nurture their emotional and ever changing intelligence and exuberance as learners
- An outgoing and socially adept administrator
- A visionary leader in 21st century elementary & middle education
- A decisive and sensitive administrator with excellent judgment and problem-solving skills, especially when it comes to discipline with children and sensitive topics with parents.
- A leader who can set high standards and energize the faculty in pursuit of common vision
- An educator with a variety of interests and an appreciation of many perspectives
- An energetic, hands-on educator with a natural ability to relate to upper elementary school aged & middle school students and their parents
* A warm, engaging, and compassionate human being with a healthy sense of humor
How to Apply
Candidates should submit the following in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter indicating why they are particularly interested in and qualified for the position.
- A current resume or C.V.
- A statement of educational and leadership philosophy.
- The names and contact information of 3-5 references.
- Optional: Other supporting materials (e.g. digital portfolios, articles, speeches, presentations, letters of recommendation, etc.,) that would be useful to the Search Committee.