Georgia Cyber Academy
The Level 1 Technology Ticket Desk Specialist will assist the Technology Team by providing first level support to the staff at Georgia Cyber Academy.
Essential Functions: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Reports directly to the Technology & Software Assistant Director and collaborates with the Technology Team to respond to level one staff technology requests.
- Responsible for answering tickets in a timely manner or escalating when necessary to the appropriate member of the Technology Team
- Responsible for responding to questions from both students and staff in the Technology and/or Instructional Technology Team inbox
- Maintain accurate and confidential student records
- Participates in State Testing
- Other assigned duties as needed
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrate strong technology skills
- Experience using search engines (internet) for research projects
- Desire to research and learn new skills
- Possess strong communication, organization, analytical, and written skills
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact positively with teachers, administrators, and support staff
- Possess knowledge of the school improvement process
- Must be an advocate for virtual learning and believe in the mission of Georgia Cyber Academy
- Proficient in MS Excel, MSWord, and Outlook
- Proficient in G-Suite
- Ability to pass required fingerprinting/background check
- Familiarity with Zendesk or a comparable ticketing system
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a primarily remote home-based position that may require traveling up to 20% of the time.
- In-person attendance at professional development, training, conferences, job fairs, and testing sites will be required several times per year.
- Light lifting required.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract