The Kindezi Schools
The Licensed Practical Nurse administers nursing services for students at one school location, completes reporting, administrative, and compliance duties as it relates to individual student health and the overall student health program, and contributes toward the professional development of staff as it relates to health-related topics.
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students
- Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counselors
- Assess the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
- Conducts home visits when appropriate.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Develop Individual Health Care Plans as needed and support the development of 504 Plans for students on a case by case basis.
- Collaborates with other child-support agencies in designing and providing a school health program.
Administration & Compliance
- Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and health department.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Implement and record required screening programs; notify parents when further medical evaluation is indicated.
- Develops policies, procedures and work standards for school health program.
- Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Establish and update health and immunization records.
- Prepare and maintain student clinic records and prepare required reports.
- Follow procedures for suspected cases of child abuse and neglect.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers.
- Orient the staff and teach specific medical procedures for the evaluation and maintenance of the medically involved student in the classroom.
- Present, train and maintain appropriate standards from OSHA regarding contact with, and possible exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious body materials within the school or employment setting.
- Develop and present trainings for staff on pertinent health care topics.
- Attend all meetings and trainings required by Atlanta Public Schools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Values that align with the Kindezi model and goals
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing student achievement and supporting the social-emotional needs of students
- Dedicated, reflective thinker with a growth mindset
- High academic expectations; Believes that all students deserve an equitable education experience no matter their circumstances.
- Be a United States citizen or otherwise have authorization to work in the United States
- Associate Degree from accredited nursing program
- Have the ability to pass an Atlanta Public Schools background check and obtain a GaPSC-issued clearance certificate
- Active Professional LPN License from GA Secretary of State
- A minimum of one to three years nursing experience required: Community Health, Pediatrics, School Nurse, Emergency/Urgent Care
- At least one year of previous experience as school nurse preferred
- Kindezi West- 286 Wilson Mill Rd, Atlanta, GA 30331
- Starting Salary $40,000
- Teacher Retirement System (TRS) pension, 403b plan, paid time off, health, vision, and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability benefits.
- Work Days: 190
- Salaried, Full-Time, Exempt