Susie King Taylor Community School
REPORTS TO: Principal
SALARY SCHEDULE: Teacher
WORK DAYS: 190
START DATE: July 1, 2021
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university Preferred: Advanced degree(s)
- Experience, Skill and Certification: Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate ( w/Math Endorsement, MG Mathematics, Secondary Mathematics, or a bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics)
Experience, Skill and Certification:
- Experience in a K-12 environment
- Experience in leading MTSS
- Documented success in differentiation
Major duties include:
- Provide school-wide support to assist in the identification of students in need of Math MTSS interventions.
- Implementation of math interventions and reading progress monitoring for Tier 2 & 3 students
- Coordination of Student Support Team meetings
- Coordination of Parent Information nights not exclusive to Math Night, GMAS, and Math Counts
- Duties as Assigned
A responsibility is considered to be “non-essential” (for the purposes of compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) if:
- it is shared between multiple incumbents in the job; or
- it could be performed by an employee in another job within the workgroup.
Note the responsibility number from the list in the “Duties and Responsibilities” section for those responsibilities that could be considered “non-essential” based on this definition.
Certain limited aspects of General Duties and Responsibilities items referenced in Section 1 (b) and (d) might be considered “non-essential” in a specific situation. Any request for accommodation must be reviewed on an “individual case” basis.
Physical and Sensory Demands
Most jobs in the District have physical and sensory demands that can be described by one of the two categories noted below. For jobs that require more physical or sensory effort, please list the requirements in this section. The category applicable for this position is listed below.
CLASSROOM Employees in this category spend at least most of the workday in a typical classroom or related educational environment. There will be prolonged periods of standing or walking, and there may be frequent bending, stooping, or stretching. There are occasions that require the lifting or pulling of equipment or supplies. Reading, listening, writing, and speaking are requirements. There are few exceptional physical or sensory demands, but there may be occasions that require the lifting or restraint of a student.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Response to Intervention/ Multi-tiered Support Systems
- Experience with iReady, Ready Math, Go! Math
- Knowledge of Place-based education
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com as well as apply at www.sccpss.com. Review of resumes will begin immediately and qualified candidates will be contacted. SKTCS reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time; candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as all materials can be compiled. Questions about the position may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Reading Coach is an “at-will” employee of Susie King Taylor Community School.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Susie King Taylor Community School to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizen status, age, marital status, disability, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as provided by law), sexual orientation, gender (sex), and to maintain an environment free of discriminatory harassment, including sexual harassment, or retaliation as required by civil rights law.