Wesley International Academy
Wesley International Academy is currently seeking a full-time middle school Chinese teacher.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Learn and contribute productively as individuals and as members of groups.
2. Instruct students through inquiry-focused, student-centered, communicative-oriented language teaching approaches that foster student understanding and learning through multiple learning modalities, styles, and intelligence.
3. Prepare lessons and units of study.
4. Administer varied types of performance assessments (i.e. Benchmark and YCT) to monitor and document student understanding.
5. Perform teacher duties (i.e. Lunch and carpool)
6. Coordinate parent/teacher conferences and communication on an on-going basis to review student’s academic performance, behavior and other issues.
7. Actively attend and contributes to faculty meetings and professional development sessions in order to collaboratively develop the school policies, culture, and a more productive Chinese language learning environment.
8. Engage in Chinese extracurricular activities that foster the development of students understanding of Chinese culture and language.
9. Positively model the values and attitudes embodied in the IB Learner Profile and Wesley Way.
10. Actively engage as a teacher-leader, taking on responsibilities that contribute to higher student performance and the overall effectiveness of the school.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to Athony.firstname.lastname@example.org.