Dekalb Preparatory Academy
DeKalb Preparatory Academy is the diverse community where teachers, children, parents, and leaders learn together. Students cultivate knowledge and learn to think critically and act collaboratively and compassionately.
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence
- Explore a diverse curriculum
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment
- Provide service to a growing community
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology
- Develop into life-long learners.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Assign and grade class work and homework.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students’ progress.
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, school policies, and administrative regulations.
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic problems, or special academic interests.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
- Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Prepare for assigned classes and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisors.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of elementary school programs.
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least a 2.5 GPA required
-Minimum of PSC Level 4-Certification in Middle Grades (4-8) – Language Arts; OR
- Passed the GACE Program Admission Assessment, GACE Ethics Entry (Test #350), and the GACE Middle Grades Language Arts Assessment; OR
- Have out of state certificate reciprocity eligibility
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer contribution into TRSGA retirement program for employee
- Competitive salary range
- Paid vacation/sick leave
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org