The Kindezi Schools
The Kindezi model is dependent on excellent teachers who empower our geniuses through rigorous expectations combined with caring, individualized support. We are looking for experienced educators with a record of achieving student growth through high-quality data-driven instruction. Our top-performing teachers believe that all students deserve an equitable education experience no matter their circumstances. They work extremely hard to not only meet academic goals but also to support the social-emotional needs of our students. Our educators understand that teaching is hard work, but with a little perseverance, great rewards are soon to follow. Please use this application to apply for positions with a start date on or after July 2021.
What You’ll Gain:
- Make an impact. We know our students and families deeply and put dedicated energy into holistic growth for each and every genius. With classes averaging just 10 students, each teacher has opportunities for meaningful differentiation, fostering a sense of community, and building deep, authentic relationships.
- Join the Kindezi family. At Kindezi, we operate as a family and approach our work each day with a supportive, collaborative, community-based approach. While serving our students remains at the center of everything we do, knowing each other’s quirks, families, and values is part of what makes our staff, students, administration and parents work together as a high-impact community.
- Improve your teaching practice. Learn to nurture the genius in each child through high-quality instructional coaching and professional development. Kindezi also encourages collaboration, networking, and professional learning amongst teachers from all three campuses.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package. We offer Teacher Retirement System (TRS) pension, 403b plan, paid time off, health, vision, and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, employer assistance program, and short and long-term disability.
- Develop and deliver high-quality differentiated instruction in one or more subject areas
- Implement MTSS structures to support all scholars
- Analyze data and develop action plans to constantly improve student achievement through rigorous and meaningful differentiated instruction.
- Ensure that all 504 & IEPs are met to support the individual needs of the student.
- Maintain a positive learning environment that cultivates both the academic and socio-emotional needs of the students.
- Maintain a positive classroom culture with tier one interventions in place
- Strive to meet network and school-based academic and social-emotional learning goals
- Performs various administrative duties such as taking attendance, organizing the classroom, and recording grades.
- Coordinates parent/teacher conferences to review student’s performance, behavior and other issues.
- Administer and/or support the state and local standardized testing processes and policies.
- Plan and execute field trips and project-based learning opportunities
- Actively participate in instructional coaching sessions, professional development, and lesson planning clinics
- Be prompt and present daily; eager to participate in a carpool, parent meetings, and other school functions that require student supervision after hours.
- Develop meaningful relationships with students and their families by keeping them informed on education-related issues and school events
- Openly collaborate with partner teacher and grade level team
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator
- Belief in Kindezi’s mission and vision for change
- Embrace Kindezi’s Staff Values: Love, Integrity, Perseverance, Creativity, and Leadership
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing student achievement
- Dedicated, reflective thinker with a growth mindset
- Be a United States citizen or otherwise have authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education (2.5 GPA or higher)
- Hold an active Georgia Professional Standards Commission Clearance Certificate, and/or have the ability to pass an Atlanta Public Schools background check
- Must adhere to ONE of the following three credentialing options:
- Hold a teacher certification issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission,
- Hold an out-of-state teacher certification eligible for reciprocity in the state of Georgia;
- Be enrolled in a Georgia PSC-approved educator preparation/ certification program
- Three or more years of teaching experience in an urban environment
- Compensation aligned with The Kindezi Schools’ salary schedule
- Teacher Retirement System (TRS) pension, 403b plan, paid time off, health, vision, and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability benefits.
- Work Days: 190 School Staff
- Salaried, Full-Time, Exempt
How to Apply
Our educators are carefully selected through a rigorous four-step hiring process, including application, video interview, demo lesson, and references. During this process, we are looking to learn about your ability to build relationships and how you deliver content to drive students’ individualized academic and social-emotional growth. While we allow teachers to specify their campus preference, school placement is subject to current openings aligned with teacher credentials.
We invite you to take 10-20 minutes to complete the first step in your hiring journey with us. We look forward to learning more about you.
You may apply here.