Fulton Academy of Science and Technology
- Special Education Teacher Grades K-5
- Coding/Computer Science Teacher Grades K-8
- Math Teacher: Grades 4-8
Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is seeking experienced and well-rounded educators to join our team!
About Us: Serving students in K-8, the mission of Fulton Academy of Science and Technology (FAST) is to provide an education based on innovation, design thinking and problem-solving with an emphasis on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) to children in the Fulton County community.
FAST’s goal is to prepare children in a way that provides them a foundation to be creative innovators and problem solvers so they are prepared for success and leadership in our rapidly changing world. By applying our background theme for academics, children will develop the foundations for learning and thinking that prepares them for success in post-secondary education and careers.
Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is committed to: Teaching the skills and habits necessary for success in the areas of STEM; Recruiting, training and retaining excellent teachers; Building partnerships between the school, parents and the wider community
- Developing age and content appropriate lessons aligned to the FAST core curriculum
- Providing a classroom environment which promotes active learning in subject area
- Bringing innovation into your classroomCollaborating with other team members and administration
- Helping students gain critical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Supporting and participating in school-wide activities
- Ensuring classroom is attractive, safe, and conducive for learning
- Effectively communicating with parents and caregivers
- Supporting FAST mission and vision
- Creating a positive educational climate for students to learn in
This position will include such duties as managing student rosters, testing coordinator, overseeing data management, supporting student discipline, organizing field trips, running fire drills and emergency plans, and supporting our carpool and bus procedures.
Education and Training:
- A minimum of four year Bachelor degree required. A degree in education or curriculum-related subjects is preferred
- Valid Georgia Teaching Certification in applicable field required or must be eligible to hold a valid Georgia Teaching Certificate.
- Demonstrated success as a classroom teacher
- As part of the FAST team, you will enjoy a full-time position with a competitive salary, medical, dental, and vision benefits, while working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter.Applications will be reviewed as received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.Fulton Academy of Science and Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Required education: Bachelor Degree and Certification (or eligible to become certified)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depends upon experience
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@FASTK8.org