The Kindezi Schools (Kindezi West)
The Office Manager is a central force of the school’s student registration and front office functionality. The office manager will manage the school’s front office, student/staff records, and perform other clerical responsibilities as necessary.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Kindezi West, 286 Wilson Mill Rd SW, Atlanta, GA 30331
- Follows and maintains knowledge of all applicable school-based policies and procedures
- Coordinates all functions of the school office, including administrative, staff and student activities, and tiered communications
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff and parents/guardians and resolves conflict in a professional manner
- Serves as the substitute coordinator for the school, contacting substitutes for all staff as required
- Performs general office duties including answering multi-line phones, ordering supplies, completing work orders, greeting the public, typing, copying, filing, and sorting
- Supervises students in main office area
- Manages special projects and school events as assigned by the Director of Operations
- Appropriately maintains and secures highly confidential records and inquiries.
- Maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
- Attends work regularly and is punctual
- Schedules buses for field trips
- Securely collects and accounts for fees paid to office
- Manages the Office Specialist’s performance of clerical and secretarial responsibilities and evaluates task execution based upon office and school procedural guidelines
- Manages building safety procedures and protocols under the direction of the Director of Operations
Enrollment & Registration
- Manages the student enrollment and re-enrollment cycles from start to finish – utilizing the student information system, physical records, and executing an annual lottery
- Build and maintain schedules in Infinite Campus to ensure compliance regulations, process class changes and manage school master schedule with annual class set-up for all students
- Requests and tracks receipt of records for newly enrolled students; prepares mass data imports for new students
- Processes student withdrawals; fulfills records requests for withdrawn students
- Assists teachers, parents and students with student registration and withdrawals
- Processes parent contact and data information change
Student Data Management
- Maintains student-level databases, including data entry
- Creates customized reports for various departments as requested
- Creates and maintains student cumulative files and other student records; audits for accuracy on at least an annual basis; establishes and maintains secure access to student records; ensures proper disposal of student records
- Maintains and scans received files
- Serves as primary point of contact for families, teachers, staff, and other schools in regards to accessing student information and records
- Ensures that school personnel comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Maintains accurate student records including daily attendance (truancy, tardies, excuses, and reporting), check-in/check-out, enrollment status (enrolling, withdrawing, etc.) and updates student database as required
- Provides information, prepares correspondence and related matters, prepares and maintains files and records, and completes all necessary steps associated with student registration and withdrawal
- Prepares and maintains cumulative record and end of year reports
- Prepares and sends student records to schools for transfer students following district guidelines
- Works with the Director of Operations, School Resource Officer and Administration to review and handle requests made by Social Security Administration, law enforcement, Child Protective Services, mental health representatives, and other agencies, and completes for administrative review. Helps to ensure that record requests are completed within a reasonable time-frame
- Checks and reviews a variety of data for accuracy and completeness, in conformance with established standards and procedures
- Requests students records and fulfills student records requests, as needed.
- Maintains, records and generates reports, as requested by the network or district
- Complies with and supports school, network and system regulations and policies
- Enters and maintains student information for new, current and former students in Infinite Campus
- Values that align with the Kindezi model and goals
- Demonstrated commitment to increasing student achievement and supporting the social-emotional needs of students
- Dedicated, reflective thinker with a growth mindset
- High academic expectations; Believes that all students deserve an equitable education experience no matter their circumstances.
- Be a United States citizen or otherwise have authorization to work in the United States
- High school diploma required (Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred)
- Have the ability to pass an Atlanta Public Schools background check
- Strong PC skills, and ability to quickly learn programs and software
- Ability to proactively manage multiple critical deadlines quickly and confidently, adapt in a fast-paced environment, independently following through on completion of tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent communication; respectful, careful treatment of sensitive issues with empathy and strict confidentiality, as required
- Team-player attitude and strong customer-service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful
- Must have or be able to obtain a GaPSC-issued clearance certificate (pass a background check)
- 4+ years of relevant experience (managerial and school-based experience preferred)
- Compensation aligned with The Kindezi Schools’ salary schedule
- Teacher Retirement System (TRS) pension, 403b plan, paid time off, vacation, health, vision, and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability benefits.
- Work Days: 220 Operations Team member
- Salaried, Full-Time, Exempt
How to Apply
Please apply here.