Tybee Island Maritime Academy
WORK DAYS: 190
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Works with students in completing educational activities under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
- Educational Level: Associate degree, 2 years of college credit (a minimum of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours and a 2.0 GPA), or passing score on the GACE Paraprofessional Assessment Test required
- Certification/License Required: Must maintain Georgia Paraprofessional Certificate which includes inservice training related to position
- Experience: None
- Physical Activities: Routine physical activities required to fulfill job responsibilities; able to lift 60 pounds
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Conducts small group or individual classroom activities based on lesson plans developed by the teacher.
- Assists with supervision of students.
- Assists with student assessment, grading work and test and collecting data on student progress.
- Assists with routine record keeping.
- Assists with the preparation of materials for instruction.
- Locates, operates, and returns equipment required for classroom activities.
- Assists with classroom housekeeping.
- Assists in the ordering and inventory of classroom equipment and materials.
- Assists with school-wide supervision, such as loading/unloading buses.
- Performs other duties as assigned by principal.
How to Apply
All resumes should be sent to tybeeislandcharterschool@comca