The Museum School
The Museum School of Avondale Estates seeks a qualified, motivated, and passionate educator to become the school’s part-time Athletic Director. The Athletic Director (AD) will work closely with student athletes, Museum School staff, parents, and other stakeholders to successfully and efficiently direct the school’s middle grades’ athletic program. The AD will provide overall leadership and coordination of the middle grades’ athletics program, equip students with knowledge and understanding of athletics rules, and direct, administer, and evaluate those functions necessary for the successful operation of the school’s athletic program.
The mission of The Museum School of Avondale Estates is to inspire students, teachers, and the community to collaborate to develop strong critical thinking, interpersonal, and academic skills in our students, which will prepare them for real-world success. The Museum School offers the accessibility of a public school with the organizational and curricular innovation of a museum school model. Beginning at the neighborhood level, students develop a strong sense of community, independence, responsibility, and respect for the impact of their decisions and actions on others. These skills will inspire them with the confidence to identify and manage problems at the local and global level.
- Clear renewable teaching certificate required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education or Health required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience
- Minimum of three (3) years prior leadership experience.
- Organizes and administers the overall program of extracurricular and interscholastic athletics for the school. Recruits, supervises, and evaluates athletic coaches.
- Plans and executes all middle grades sports schedules, including tryouts, practices, games, end of season ceremonies, etc.
- Administers school level implementation of new state standards; interprets all interscholastic policies, rules, and procedures, Georgia High School Athletics (GHSA, as applicable) and local policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with TMS staff, sports league staff, and other stakeholders to ensure a complete and successful athletics program
- Assesses the department’s budgetary needs, conducts fundraising efforts to support the Athletic program (as applicable). Assumes responsibility for orders, inventory and distribution of materials.
- Supervises student conduct and behavior within the school building, on school grounds and at school sponsored athletic activities in compliance with school and local policy, league and state rules and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
The position will be for the 2018-2019 school year. Qualified candidates should send a detailed cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 references to:
The Museum School of Avondale Estates
Attn: Katherine Kelbaugh
923 Forrest Blvd/ Decatur, GA 30030