The Kindezi Schools
The Kindezi Schools is a high-performing charter group that has operated innovative, successful schools in downtown Atlanta since 2010. At Kindezi, we are passionately committed to providing ALL children with a privileged education, including broad access and opportunities, support for differences, high expectations, and successful outcomes for all.
We currently operate three locations. Kindezi West our founding school serves K-8th grade and is located on the westside of Atlanta in the Adamsville community. The Old Fourth Ward location is Kindezi’s second location. The school is nestled in the heart of the Old Fourth Ward area and serves K-8th grade. Gideons Elementary is a partnership school with APS that serves PK-5th in downtown Atlanta. To learn more about each location please visit www.kindezi.org.
In order to undertake the role of a part-time media specialist, you will need to be interested in the subject at hand. You should also have some basic understanding of how to manage a media center. You need to demonstrate an affinity for working with different members of the community and new media and technology.
- Create a school “learning commons” by developing and administering an integrated school library media program.
- Instruct students and staff in effective use of the media center, information and technology literacy skills, and use of equipment.
- Support the Kindezi Reads Initiative.
- Collaborate with the book fair coordinator.
- Implement and maintain automated catalog, circulation system, and textbook check-out services, including student obligations and responsibilities for materials.
- Develop a school library media program that addresses 21st century skills, including life and career development, learning and innovation, and information, media, and technology literacy.
- Actively promote reading, information literacy skills, and information resource use through activities including book clubs, reading programs, reading initiatives, and other special events.
- Instruct students and staff in information and technology literacy skills, including reading for understanding, the research process, engaging inquiry, collaboration, critical thinking, developing multiple literacies, and understanding copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property.
- The Kindezi School WEST 286 Wilson Mill Road, Atlanta, GA 30331
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Communication skills, including the ability to proactively collaborate with students and staff.
- Experience with instruction on information and technology literacy skills, including the research process
Compensation and Benefits:
- $20/hr, 4 days/wk