The Museum School
The Museum School of Avondale Estates seeks a qualified candidate for the part-time position of Operations Manager. The Operations Manager, will work closely with the Principal as well as the Business Manager and Assistant Principal to ensure accurate, effective, and sound school operations. The Operations Manager will play an essential role in the overall operations of the school.
The mission of The Museum School of Avondale Estates is to inspire students, teachers, and the community to collaborate to develop strong critical thinking, interpersonal, and academic skills in our students, which will prepare them for real-world success. The Museum School offers the accessibility of a public school with the organizational and curricular innovation of a museum school model. Beginning at the neighborhood level, students develop a strong sense of community, independence, responsibility, and respect for the impact of their decisions and actions on others. These skills will inspire them with the confidence to identify and manage problems at the local and global level.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Business, Education Administration, Finance, or other related field.
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Professional, personable, flexible, and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Experience in Human Resources management preferred
- Serves as the human resources contact and benefits coordinator for all staff members
- Assists Principal with recruiting and hiring processes and procedures
- Coordinates all substitute teacher coverage, including arranging for substitutes and greeting substitutes upon their arrival
- Supports Principal and student recruitment committee through the coordination of student recruitment activities and projects
- Assists with school operations tasks as assigned, including organizing school tours, scheduling, etc.
All other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
The position will be for the 2018-2019 school year. Qualified candidates should send a detailed cover letter, resume and contact information for 3 references to:
The Museum School of Avondale Estates
Attn: Katherine Kelbaugh
923 Forrest Blvd/ Decatur, GA 30030