International Community School
Part-time Special Education Teacher Assistant for (K-5)
Job Summary: The Part-time Teacher Assistant will be responsible for supporting the homeroom teacher with the educational, behavioral, and social emotional needs of students in the classroom and community.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Assists students with physical needs including feeding, toileting, lifting, and mobility.
• Assists students with health care procedures including hygiene and medications as needed for daily care.
- Provides accommodations and documentation as outlined in the IEP.
• In accordance with lesson plans developed by the teacher, provides small group and/or individualized instruction to students.
• Monitors students before and after school and during other non-instructional transitional periods.
- Provides support to homeroom teachers
• Assists teachers with daily classroom management activities designed to ensure that students demonstrate behavior that is conducive to an effective learning environment.
• Assists teachers with assessment of student performance (standardized and non-standardized testing) and other recordkeeping tasks.
• Assists teachers with the development and organization of appropriate instructional materials for use with students and ensures the availability of these materials prior to scheduled instructional segments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Must hold a minimum of a High School Diploma and a passing score on the Georgia Professional Standard Commission Paraprofessional assessment. Preferable an Associate’s Degree and experience with special education.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter that speaks to a proven student achievement track record, the teaching of inquiry based learning and philosophy on global education/diversity along with a current resume.
Submit these documents via email firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20, 2017.