Dekalb Preparatory Academy
DeKalb Preparatory Academy is the diverse community where teachers, children, parents, and leaders learn together. Students cultivate knowledge and learn to think critically and act collaboratively and compassionately.
Our experiential curriculum intertwines sciences, humanities, and the arts to prepare children to shape our world.
We believe in our responsibility to partner with parents, creating an ideal environment in which students will have the opportunity to:
- Strive for academic excellence.
- Explore a diverse curriculum.
- Prepare to succeed in a global environment.
- Provide service to a growing community.
- Participate in character education, developing a respect for others through exemplary mentorship.
- Experience cooperative educational communities in all content areas from fine arts to technology.
- Develop into life-long learners.
- Reports in person to the school building to provide face-to-face instruction to students.
- Able to provide instruction simultaneously to in-person and remote learning, if necessary.
- Responsive to changing school and district instructional needs.
- Instructs students through lectures, discussions, visual aids, and other effective teaching methods for student comprehension.
- Prepares lessons and outlines to use in class that effectively cover the material.
- Administers various types of assessments to monitor student’s comprehension of the material.
- Monitors students in the classroom, at lunch or throughout the school by maintaining order and discipline.
- Performs various administrative duties such as taking attendance, organizing the classroom, and recording grades.
- Coordinates parent/teacher conferences to review student’s performance, behavior and other issues.
- Attends faculty meetings and training sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of SRT4-Certification in content field or Passed the GACE Basic Skills Assessment and GACE Content Assessment with Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission
- First Aid & CPR certification required.
- One (1) years of teaching experience and at least a 2.5 GPA
- Coaches are required to meet all policies and regulations in accordance with the GHSA Constitution and By-Laws.
- Ability to push, lift, move athletic equipment and materials weighing 25+ pounds.
- Duties may require bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, or sitting for long periods of time.
- Duties may require using protective wear and safety equipment.
- Potential for exposure to adverse weather conditions
- 100% employer paid health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer contribution into TRSGA retirement program for employee
- Competitive salary range
- Paid vacation/sick leave
How to Apply
Submit Resumes: email@example.com