The GLOBE Academy
This is a full-time position at the Lower Campus of The GLOBE Academy, which houses Grades K-3. The GLOBE Academy is a K-8 charter school on two campuses that opened in 2013 and fosters Global Learning Opportunities through Balanced Education, serving students from all over DeKalb County, GA. With a focus on dual-language immersion, an experiential-learning model and a constructivist approach, GLOBE inspires students to be high-performing lifelong learners equipped to make a positive impact in the world.
The GLOBE Academy is currently seeking energetic and experienced teachers who are looking for the opportunity to continue the traditions we have initiated, to help build a program in a supportive and collaborative environment that values the arts, diversity, and world cultures, and to add to our team of dynamic educators. GLOBE gives its teachers the freedom to be innovative in the classroom in order to make learning engaging and to meet the needs of all students.
The GLOBE Academy is seeking a self-motivated physical education teacher with the ability to provide instruction to students that enables them to achieve to the maximum of their ability.
- Provide a classroom environment which promotes active and engaged learning in physical education
- Provide content-related and appropriate instruction based on The GLOBE Academy’s constructivist model, and national and state standards
- Differentiate instruction based on student needs and abilities
- Create an engaging, student-centered environment while utilizing teaching techniques from “Responsive Classroom”
- Demonstrate the flexibility to effectively teach in a variety of spaces
- Lead and organize Field Day
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with administration, staff, and parents
- Fulfill other duties and roles as needed before, during, and after the school day
Experience and Qualifications:
- Flexible, ethical, well-organized, collaborative, passionate, and dedicated to The GLOBE Academy’s mission and goals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Physical Education K-12
- Certified to teach (or eligible for certification) in Georgia
- Experience teacher physical education to K-5 students preferred
- Must pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
1) Relevant prior experience 2) Philosophy of teaching and learning 3) Names and contact information for at least 3 recent references.
All applications must be in the following format:
In the subject line please state your name and the position you are applying for (i.e. “Amber Smith – 3rd Grade English Speaking Lead Teacher” OR “Alex Miller – 1st Grade French Speaking Teacher”).