SLAM Academy of Atlanta
School: SLAM Academy of Atlanta is a charter with a focus on Sports Leadership, Arts and Management that currently serves students in Grades K – 3.
SLAM Academy of Atlanta is seeking an experienced and highly motivated visionary with strong operational and instructional leadership skills to join the SLAM family in the role of Superintendent/Principal. The Superintendent/Principal will have the support of the school’s governing board and SLAM Foundation to carry out the school’s mission which is to provide an engaging, challenging, and supportive learning environment that will motivate all students to be the best they can be in and out of the classroom and prepare them for future success.
Position Title: Principal/Superintendent*
School Year: 2019-2020 (Expected start date: Spring of 2019)
Contract Year: Twelve Months
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Administration, or a related field from an accredited university; Must hold or be eligible for a provisional or clear renewable Leadership Certificate
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience, demonstrating progression of added responsibility, in Education, Educational Administration, or related field; Minimum 3 years supervising others
Reports to: SLAM Academy of Atlanta, Inc. Governing Board
Supervises: All administrative, instructional, and non-instructional staff at the school
Roles and Responsibilities:
Curriculum and Instruction
- Manage, evaluate and lead teachers in developing a culture in line with the mission and values of the school*.
- Design and implement an academic program that provides of rigorous curriculum to ensure all students are positioned to master Georgia Standards of Excellence*.
- Develop and manage the master schedule based on student needs.
- Collaborate ESE Specialist to ensure that Special Education instruction, Student Support Team (SST) interventions, and academic support programs are aligned with instructional goals.
- Ensure that Gifted instruction is effectively coordinated and aligned with core instruction.
- Develop and implement Response to Intervention program for struggling learners
- Content Knowledge.
- Set high expectations for learning*.
- Facilitates professional development for curriculum and best instructional practice.
- Make data-driven decisions regarding curriculum and school improvement*.
- Ensure the fidelity of the SLAM model is being met.
Assessment & Accountability
- Serve as school Testing Coordinator, including development of internal assessments, and oversight of the administration and scheduling of state mandated and internal assessments.
- Oversee statewide assessment requirements*.
- Develop plan for meeting/exceeding Statewide Accountability System (CCRPI).
- Setting Targets and Progress Monitoring*.
- Analyze and use data for decision-making or to improve actions, plans and process.
- Establish operational, fiscal and academic goals through the development of a strategic plan*.
- Manage fiscal responsibilities and execute board approved budget.
- Align fiscal resources and human resources to achieve strategic goals*.
- Oversee the implementation of all state and board policies*.
- Provide regular formal reports on fiscal, operational, academics and compliance matters to the School Board.
- Prioritizing School Needs.
- Maximizing Resources.
- Developing and Managing Systems.
- Strategic Planning.
- Implement marketing strategies to maintain healthy enrollment.
- Oversee the implementation of Athletics program and the after-school and/or extra-curricular activities.
- Maintain strong public relations and keep all stakeholders informed*.
- Liaison to all media outlets*.
- Communicate effectively with George State Charter School Commission*.
- Cultivate strong community partnerships.
Federal Programs/Data Reporting
- Comply with state and federal laws and regulations and reporting requirements*.
- Manage Student Information System.
- Coordinate and monitor, including but not limited to, completion, budget management, compliance and evaluation of state and federal programs (i.e. Title I, Title II, Title III, IDEA-B Spending and Programs)*.
- Manage QBE Funding/FTE process*.
- ESSA compliance.
- Develop and Implement School Safety Plan.
- Liaison between Maintenance Personnel and ESP.
- Overseeing contracted service provider.
- Establish procedures for responding appropriately to employee/parent/community grievances*.
- Articulate and model the school’s values to students, families, staff and the community to ensure consistency*.
- Foster a positive environment through implementation of RTI-Behavior and PBIS strategies.
- Ensure students, families and staff adhere to the Code of Student Conduct.
- Plan and manage positive behavior support programs (PBIS) and anti-bullying programs.
- Facilitate/Lead professional development on PBIS, effective classroom management, anti-bullying, and other topics.
- Work collaboratively, respectfully, and professionally with all stakeholders for insuring campus improvement*.
- Maintain discipline throughout the campus in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures.
- Truancy Officer.
- Local Liaison for Homeless (McKinney-Vento).
- Migrant Farmworker Programs/Liaison.
- Parent Liaison.
- School Level Disciplinary Hearing Officer.
- Selection and retention of all instructional and non-instructional staff.
- Fostering Continuous Growth.
- Regular classroom/teacher observations.
- Performance Management (TKES).
- Work with SLAM Foundation to provide professional development.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Karen Womack at firstname.lastname@example.org.