SLAM Academy of Atlanta
Contract Year: Twelve Months
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Administration, or a related field from an accredited university; Must hold or be eligible for a provisional or clear renewable Leadership Certificate
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience, demonstrating progression of added responsibility, in Education, Educational Administration, or related field; Minimum 3 years supervising others
Reports to: SLAM Academy of Atlanta School Board
Supervises: All administrative, instructional, and non-instructional staff at the school
Roles and Responsibilities:
Curriculum and Instruction
- Manage, evaluate and lead teachers in developing a culture in line with the mission and values of the school*.
- Design and implement an academic program that provides of rigorous curriculum to ensure all students are positioned to master Georgia Standards of Excellence*.
- Develop and manage the master schedule based on student needs.
- Collaborate ESE Specialist to ensure that Special Education instruction, Student Support Team (SST) interventions, and academic support programs are aligned with instructional goals.
- Ensure that Gifted instruction is effectively coordinated and aligned with core instruction.
- Develop and implement Response to Intervention program for struggling learners
- Content Knowledge.
- Set high expectations for learning*.
- Facilitates professional development for curriculum and best instructional practice.
- Make data-driven decisions regarding curriculum and school improvement*.
- Ensure the fidelity of the SLAM model is being met.
Assessment & Accountability
- Serve as school Testing Coordinator, including development of internal assessments, and oversight of the administration and scheduling of state mandated and internal assessments.
- Oversee statewide assessment requirements*.
- Develop plan for meeting/exceeding Statewide Accountability System (CCRPI).
- Setting Targets and Progress Monitoring*.
- Analyze and use data for decision-making or to improve actions, plans and process.
- Establish operational, fiscal and academic goals through the development of a strategic plan*.
- Manage fiscal responsibilities and execute board approved budget.
- Align fiscal resources and human resources to achieve strategic goals*.
- Oversee the implementation of all state and board policies*.
- Provide regular formal reports on fiscal, operational, academics and compliance matters to the School Board.
- Prioritizing School Needs.
- Maximizing Resources.
- Developing and Managing Systems.
- Strategic Planning.
- Implement marketing strategies to maintain healthy enrollment.
- Oversee the implementation of Athletics program and the after-school and/or extra-curricular activities.
- Maintain strong public relations and keep all stakeholders informed*.
- Liaison to all media outlets*.
- Communicate effectively with George State Charter School Commission*.
- Cultivate strong community partnerships.
Federal Programs/Data Reporting
- Comply with state and federal laws and regulations and reporting requirements*.
- Manage Student Information System.
- Coordinate and monitor, including but not limited to, completion, budget management, compliance and evaluation of state and federal programs (i.e. Title I, Title II, Title III, IDEA-B Spending and Programs)*.
- Manage QBE Funding/FTE process*.
- ESSA compliance.
- Develop and Implement School Safety Plan.
- Liaison between Maintenance Personnel and ESP.
- Overseeing contracted service provider.
- Establish procedures for responding appropriately to employee/parent/community grievances*.
- Articulate and model the school’s values to students, families, staff and the community to ensure consistency*.
- Foster a positive environment through implementation of RTI-Behavior and PBIS strategies.
- Ensure students, families and staff adhere to the Code of Student Conduct.
- Plan and manage positive behavior support programs (PBIS) and anti-bullying programs.
- Facilitate/Lead professional development on PBIS, effective classroom management, anti-bullying, and other topics.
- Work collaboratively, respectfully, and professionally with all stakeholders for insuring campus improvement*.
- Maintain discipline throughout the campus in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures.
- Truancy Officer.
- Local Liaison for Homeless (McKinney-Vento).
- Migrant Farmworker Programs/Liaison.
- Parent Liaison.
- School Level Disciplinary Hearing Officer.
- Selection and retention of all instructional and non-instructional staff.
- Fostering Continuous Growth.
- Regular classroom/teacher observations.
- Performance Management (TKES).
- Work with SLAM Foundation to provide professional development.
How to Apply
How To Apply:
- Go to www.slamatlanta.com
- Fill out the form under “Employment”