Genesis Innovation Academy for Boys
Genesis is committed to developing scholars into path-breaking innovators, using the Academy’s own E5 curriculum model, which combines core subjects with Engineering, Economics, Ethics, Expression, and Entrepreneurship. We seek teachers who are proactive learners and problem solvers, committed to excellence from scholars and themselves, and who believe that teaching is a calling and not a job.
Reading faculty will develop and execute instructional plans that facilitate scholar mastery of reading standards. The Genesis E5 model supports greater possibilities. Faculty will challenge scholars to use literary fiction, philosophy, and canonical religious texts to explore Ethics and changing ideas of right and wrong across time and space. Faculty efforts should result in scholars with a considered code of personal ethics and a proactive desire to make a positive difference in their world.
Specific Responsibilities: In collaboration with instructional team, faculty members will
- Create/revise long-term plans (e.g. curriculum maps, scope and sequence plans, pacing guides)
- Develop and execute unit and lesson plans to ensure scholar mastery of standards
- Differentiate instruction to support diverse learners and meet IEP and SST expectations
- Ensure scholars are continuously engaged in meaningful work aligned with the Genesis E5 model
- Assess scholar progress daily to drive strategic changes to curriculum and instruction
- Implement school-wide behavior support process to create a positive learning environment
- Communicate proactively and effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Participate in an annual two-week summer orientation and training
- Participate in grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Bachelor’s degree in field OR Certification in field
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Proven track-record of raising scholar achievement
- Passion for working with scholars in extra-curricular activities
- High comfort level with technology and use of data
- Experience working with urban populations and with boys/girls in a developmental role
The Genesis Commitment to Faculty
Our faculty members are highly valued as primary facilitators of scholar excellence. We view faculty as professionals, fully capable of effective planning, instruction, and class management. Genesis commits to a collaborative process for developing individualized support and coaching plans. We prioritize small-classes, and respectful scholar-peer and scholar-faculty interaction in support of teaching and learning.
How to Apply
Please fill out application at www.genesisinnovationacademy.org
For questions, send e-mail to hr@GIAcademy.org