Utopian Academy for the Arts
About Utopian Academy for the Arts: Utopian Academy for the Arts is an independent public charter school serving middle school children and families throughout Clayton County, GA. Utopian Academy was approved by the State Charter Schools Commission of Georgia and operates as a Local Education Agency (LEA). The rationale for the enrollment plan for Utopian Academy for the Arts is to provide a significant educational benefit of having a gender-based classroom environment, longer school day, longer school year, Saturday school, and classes in the dramatic, media, and culinary arts for students in Clayton County, GA.
- Screens students to establish proper reading level placement.
- Assists classroom teachers in selection of students needing special reading instruction.
- Provides diagnostic, prescriptive and evaluative services for identified students.
- Provides individual and small group instruction for identified students.
- Assists with the administration of state reading tests.
- Confers with the principal on the needs of the reading program.
- Acts as a resource teacher in reading to regular classroom teachers by assisting them in organizing their reading program, selecting materials, suggesting teaching techniques and relating their instructional program to the special needs of students.
- Gives demonstration lessons in the teaching of reading as requested or required.
- Assists in the establishment and development of school and district reading curriculum.
- Provides reading resources for teachers, aides and parents.
- BA or BS Degree or higher
- Valid Georgia teaching certification in middle school Language Arts
- Valid Reading Endorsement
- Demonstrated expertise in their subject matter and/ or direct subject-area teaching experience;
- Demonstrated communication skills- Model correct use of language, oral and written;
- Demonstrated ability and experience to engage the interest of middle school-age children;
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse children, including those with special needs;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with parents;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate tests and measurements of achievement;
- Demonstrated willingness to be held accountable for student’s results.
How to Apply
Application and materials must be submitted electronically to email@example.com. PLEASE STATE POSITION APPLIED FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience with supporting a charter school, or arts integrated school. Please cite specific and measurable examples from your practice that make you a fit for our Language Arts Teacher position.
- Valid Copy of your teaching certificate or steps that you will obtain to secure a valid certificate for the position applied for.