Tapestry Public Charter School
Tapestry Public Charter School seeks an energetic, compassionate, and committed full time Registrar/Administrative Assistant for the 2019-2020 school year.
The mission of Tapestry is to offer an inclusive, individualized learning environment that is academically engaging, both for neurotypical students and those on the autism spectrum, and to create a positive school culture that empowers all students to take possession of their innate talents and become creative builders of their own future. More about Tapestry can be found at www.tapestrycharter.org.
Tapestry Public Charter School seeks an energetic, compassionate, and committed full time Registrar/Administrative Assistant who will contribute to the positive school culture of a secondary (middle and high school) fully inclusive school. The registrar/administrative assistant has two main responsibilities: that of keeping and maintaining registrar records and acting as administrative assistant for the school. As registrar this position is responsible for handling the enrollment process, including the lottery process, registration, attendance reports, state reporting, and withdrawals.. The registrar runs reports from Infinite Campus and works with administration to resolve issues in grading, scheduling, and attendance.
As administrative assistant, this position will be the face of the Tapestry – interacting with families and communities. The administrative assistant keeps the principal’s calendar and monitors the meeting schedule.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Support the mission of Tapestry Public Charter
- Establish a calm and supportive front office environment
- Act as liason for principal and maintain principal calendar
- Enroll/Withdraw students throughout the school year, including handing out and explaining paperwork, and inputting all information into the computer as well as contacting other schools for information and tracking enrollment.
- Updating enrollment information for every student at the beginning of every school year.
- Maintain all permanent records for all students (including absences, grades and discipline)
- Copy and mail records for students transferring out of district, and updating their status on our computer system.
- Maintain confidentiality per FERPA.
- Assist with school-wide annual enrollment lottery, including maintaining data base, notifying parents, and communicating with stakeholders
- Assist with administration scheduling and priorities.
- Assist with front office operations including answering phones and maintaining school schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and experience in word processing, database, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of computer usage and modern office practices. Experience with Infinite Campus system a plus.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Establish cooperative relationships in a calm and tactful manner
- Effectively carry out oral and written directions.
- Knowledge of Infinite Campus or similar data base system
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send (1) a cover letter; (2) resume; and (3) the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to Barbara Boone, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without these requirements will be considered incomplete.
Open until filled.
Tapestry Public Charter School is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Before hire, applicants must satisfy a background investigation including a criminal background check.
Salary range: $30,000-$34,000