Utopian Academy for the Arts
Utopian Academy for the Arts is an independent public charter school network serving elementary and middle school children and families throughout Clayton County, GA. The Utopian Academy for the Arts Middle School was approved by the State Charter Schools Commission of Georgia and operates as a Local Education Agency. The rationale for the enrollment plan for Utopian Academy for the Arts is to provide a significant educational benefit of having gender-based classroom environments, Saturday School, and classes in the fine, dramatic, and media arts for students in Clayton County, GA.
Our greatest instructional strategy is our human capital. More than any other variable in education– more than curriculum or supplies—our faculty and staff matter. At Utopian Academy for the Arts, we believe that students’ health and wellbeing is of most importance and will allow students to rise and meet the high expectations set by our team of educators.
- Addresses system-wide health services issues that affect the entire school population • Coordinate and participate in the establishment, review, and implementation of school health/services policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistent implementation of policies/procedures throughout the school system and adherence to legal and regulatory requirements and ethical standards of nursing practice.
- Utilize the nursing process in assessment, planning, and evaluation of the health services component of the coordinated school health program.
- Implementation of communicable disease control in the school, including monitoring, surveillance, and participating in disease prevention and outbreak management within the school.
- Serve as a healthcare consultant for school personnel, students, and their families.
- Provide professional health leadership to administrators and school staff.
- Development/coordination of quality improvement activities for the school health services component of the school health program.
- Assure the appropriate documentation is maintained for school health services and activities.
- Documentation, compilation, and analysis of data for required reports on school health services.
- Development and training of staff that provides health services, including the administration of medication to students.
- Coordinate the establishment of guidelines, procedures, and training in First Aid/CPR/First Responder Program for schools and staff.
- Participate in the development of the school’s emergency health and crisis plan.
- Where applicable, direct, monitor and evaluate aides/assistants/volunteers assigned to the school health program.
- Develop a system for the identification of students with special health care needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year, accredited college or university.
- Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Knowledge of many areas of health including mental health
- Knowledge of school laws and policies
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to assess situations and act quickly
- BLS/CPR certification
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrated communication skills- Model correct use of language, oral and written;
- Ability to work with diverse children, including those with special needs;
- Ability to be flexible and to work in a pleasant and cooperative manner
- Ability to work well with parents;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Ability to evaluate tests and measurements of achievement;
- Possess a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
How to Apply
Application and materials must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE STATE POSITION APPLIED FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Completed Application for Employment including:
- Cover letter / letter of interest defining your strengths in your subject matter, including your experience with supporting a charter school, or arts integrated school.