The Centennial Academy school nurse will manage and coordinate the school’s health services program based on requirements established by school division policies, procedures, and protocols, and by local, state and national regulations and statutes; maintain and operate the school clinic. Because healthy children are successful learners, the school nurse will advocate for the physical, emotional, mental, and social health of scholars.
- See and assess scholars who come to clinic due to illness or injury
- Identifies, monitors, and manages students with chronic disease and disabilities. Documents services provided in accordance with orders and care plan.
- Give prescribed medications
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
- Document all clinic visits
- Provides counseling and guidance to students, parents and staff regarding health-related attendance problems.
- Maintains thorough and comprehensive health-related reports, monthly reports, and emergency reports, and ensures compliance with policies and regulations.
- Provides health education for use by students, families, and school personnel on subjects such as (but not limited to) growth and development, home nursing instruction and first aid.
- Attend or provide consult support for 504 and IEP meetings at assigned schools as needed to provide medical expertise.
- Develop clinic services report for APS Health Service Department
- Provides emergency crisis nursing care for physically and/or psychologically ill and injured students and staff in the school.
- Maintains communicable disease prevention and control through education, policy and enforcement. ● Conducts physical health care assessments and screenings, including vision, hearing, dental, scoliosis and nutritional assessments.
- Assist with yearly Health and Wellness Fair
- Order clinic supplies
- Maintain an orderly clinic atmosphere
- Maintains required certifications and licenses
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree from an accredited School of Nursing
- 1 year as a registered nurse in school setting preferred
- Unrestricted Registered Nurse Licensed in the State of Georgia
- CPR Certification
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Independent judgment is required
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders at the school level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications such as: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint ● Ability to learn and master Student Information Software such as Infinite Campus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to Apply
Apply Here: https://jobapply.page.link/Z3mD