Tapestry Public Charter School, Atlanta, GA
Tapestry Public Charter School seeks an energetic, compassionate, and committed part-time substitute Nurse that can provide services to students in the 2016-2017 school year.
The mission of Tapestry is to offer an inclusive, individualized learning environment that is academically engaging, both for neurotypical students and those on the autism spectrum, and to create a positive school culture that empowers all students to take possession of their innate talents and become creative builders of their own future.
Utilizing small, multi-age classrooms with flexible groupings and authentic hands-on learning experiences, Tapestry will provide a student-driven, experiential, sensory-based learning environment. All students will be respected, loved, and valued as the most important members of the school community. More about Tapestry may be found at tapestrycharter.org.
- Must hold a valid LPN or RN license • Ability to maintain accurate records
- Positive, inclusive, and welcoming attitude
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of autism spectrum disorders
- Relevant experience working in a public school
- Experience with middle and high school students
- Support the mission of Tapestry Public Charter School
- Administer medication and/or other medical procedures
- Monitor students’ health folders (e.g. immunization records, medication and physician information)
- Collect data and keep immaculate records
- Participate in meetings
- Communicate effectively with medical personnel, school faculty and staff, parents and students
- Be flexible and organized
- Perform other duties as required
How to Apply
To Apply: Interested candidates should send (1) a cover letter; (2) resume; and (3) the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three professional references to Barbara Boone, Principal, at email@example.com. Applications without these requirements will be considered incomplete. Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Tapestry Public Charter School is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Before hire, applicants must satisfy a background investigation including a criminal background check.