SLAM Academy of Atlanta
SLAM Academy’s mission is to provide an engaging, challenging, and supportive learning environment that will motivate all students to be the best they can be in and out of the classroom and prepare them for future success.
Security– Under general supervision, the Security performs security monitoring for the building/grounds. The position supports staff and teachers in the monitoring daily operation and special events and in the security of the building and school grounds. This position plays an essential role in creating a safe, comfortable, and healthy learning environment that promotes academic excellence and school pride.
- Lock, secure and code out building at the end of shift;
- Work, with emergency management personnel to ensure that the school leadership is aware of any potential dangers in the neighborhood surrounding the school;
- Periodically inspect, or otherwise maintain awareness of, facility and grounds to ensure that the staff and students are secure at all times;
- Ensure that all visitors are directed to the front office for sign in and out of the building;
- Escort visitors to their designated points in the building;
- Understand school emergency management system and emergency codes; and,
- Perform related work as required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- One (1) or two (2) years’ experience in custodial, building maintenance or general labor.
- Experience in school safety and security protocols
- Must be able to walk and stand for 4-5 hours and lift or carry 30+pounds
- Experience working in schools
- $9.25 per hour
- 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Monday- Friday
How to Apply
Please contact Ms. Walker at email@example.com or (470) 819-4992 for any additional questions.