Foothills Education Charter High School
Site Director – Foothills Fort Gordon Youth Challenge Academy, 49% (101 days)
NOTE: ALL VACANCY POSTINGS ARE PENDING UNTIL BOARD APPROVED
NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNTIL THREE REFERENCES ARE RECEIVED
Qualifications: Master’s Degree or higher; valid Georgia leadership certification preferred with three years leadership experience desired.
Note: Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Governance Team may find appropriate and acceptable.
Job Goal: Provide leadership for developing, achieving, and maintaining the highest quality education program and related school services. Make the site an attractive, pleasant, and productive place in which to work and learn.
1. Work collaboratively with YCA site directors and other Foothills staff members to establish and maintain an effective learning environment by jointly assuming the designated duties. Will also work collaboratively with the Youth Challenge Director and other YCA staff to ensure an effective partnership that benefits all students/cadets.
2. Schedule classes within established guides to meet student needs.
3. Work with YCA Director and YCA staff to ensure proper student conduct and maintain student discipline.
4. Supervise the teaching process.
5. Implement an academic program that meets or exceeds all goals set by the Governance Team and the Superintendent.
6. Plan, organize, and direct the implementation of all classroom activities.
7. Initiate, design, and implement programs to meet specific needs of the site.
8. Establish and maintain favorable relationships with YCA Director and YCA staff to foster understanding and solicit support for overall school site objectives and programs; to interpret Governance Team policies and administrative directives; and to discuss and resolve individual student problems.
9. Orient newly assigned staff members and assist in their development as appropriate.
10. Coordinate or supervise student support services.
11. Evaluate and counsel all staff members regarding student performance.
12. Prepare or supervise the preparation of reports, records, lists, and all other paperwork required or appropriate to the site’s administration.
13. Participate in administrative and other meetings as required or appropriate.
14. Monitor personnel and operating expenses to comply with the site budget.
15. Attend special events, activities, and functions established by the YCP program or Foothills Education Charter High School.
16. Keep the Superintendent for Foothills and Regional Director for Special Campuses informed of the site’s activities and problems; communicate all personnel issues and students discipline issues as they occur.
17. Keep abreast of changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field.
18. Perform any and all other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please visit https://foothills.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=994 to apply.