DuBois Integrity Academy
POSITION TITLE: SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL (ED)
Immediate Supervisor: Special Education Teacher
Consults with: Dean of Students, Principal, Assistant Principal, Special Education Teacher, Classroom Teachers and Students.
JOB SUMMARY: The paraprofessional provides assistance both to teachers and students in learning lesson plans.
WORKING RELATIONSHIP: He or she may also work in specialized programs or on an individual basis with students requiring close supervision and special assistance. The paraprofessional provides support, explanation, re-teaching and discipline.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma and / or passage of Para-Pro test or equivalent. Associates Degree or Higher, Specialized Special Education Training and / or Experience Preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guides and works through lesson plans with students, explains and interprets assignments for mainstream classes. Assists classroom teacher(s) with ELA, Life Skills, Social Skills and Math classes taught/delivered in classrooms and pull-out program.
- Monitors behavior of students for appropriateness and need for discipline through supervision.
- Recommends ideas, identifies problems, or aids in problem solving at meetings with teacher.
- Files papers, completes reports, copies materials and corrects papers as needed.
- Relieves the Behavior Modification staff person as needed.
- Is a member of Student Support Team (SST) and Response to Intervention (RTI)Team.
- Assists students in mainstream classrooms, preparing appropriate resource learning materials.
- Monitor students during classroom activities with the goal of increasing student engagement.
- Participates in educator and parent meetings regarding special needs students as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by the Classroom Teacher, Dean of Students and / or Principal.
Dubois Integrity Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates should forward resume to the principal: Dr. Stephanie Payne at: email@example.com