International Charter Academy of Georgia
ICAGeorgia seeks qualified and passionate educators to teach students in grade K-5. All employees and volunteers work together to fulfill the ICAGeorgia’s mission statement. The thoughts reflected in this description provide structure to the responsibilities and accountabilities for this position; however, ICAGeorgia expects to employ professionals who will work beyond job descriptions, creating both a fulfilling career environment and very successful outcomes for our students.
The curriculum.at ICAGeorgia is based on current Georgia education standards with each student receiving instruction in English and Japanese. As a result, teachers work collaboratively in teams of two to ensure that students learn all required standards. A student’s exposure to each language will vary based on grade level: (K will be 80/20 (Japanese/English); 1st and 2nd Grade will be 60/40; 3rd through 5th will be 50/50).
Essential Job Functions
- Teach content and skills utilizing the ICAGeorgia curriculum which is based on current Georgia education standards
- Develop standards based lessons, units and assessments that focus on teaching the school curriculum while differentiating as needed
- Ensure classroom is maintained as a safe and secure environment
- Ensure student safety at all times
- Notify administration of any concerns not limited to accident, health, discipline, academic, and social issues.
- Document as required.
- Educate special education students with various disabilities including learning disabilities, slow processing, ADHD and/or on the Autism Spectrum
- Teach students in small group pull-out instruction and inclusion
- Communicate and collaborate with parents/guardians, general education teachers, administrators, and other service providers regarding student progress.
- Develop lesson plans; identify instructional materials; assess equipment needs to augment instruction; maintain student data; utilize a variety of instructional strategies to improve student achievement in a general curriculum; and promote positive student behavior.
- Schedule and conduct IEP meetings and prepare relevant paperwork.
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, and other professionals regarding students’ educational programming.
- Participate in departmental meetings and professional learning activities.
- Ability to develop and maintain systems to monitor overall student progress and specific progress toward achieving goals through formal, informal assessments, and data collection.
- Responsible for quarterly progress reports, chairing annual review meetings, and writing Individual Education Plans.
- Management techniques to increase student achievement
- Develop a multi-cultural learning environment for all students that emphasizes a respect for diversity
- Facilitate ongoing parent/guardian communications and conferences to discuss student progress
- Share best practices with other teachers and collaborate with them to improve instructional and assessment practices
- Establish a classroom culture of high expectations that engages all students
- Must be flexible and willing to help in different roles at the school to meet various school needs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders as necessary to ensure purposeful implementation of the school’s academic model and provide student enrichment opportunities that enhance academic achievement, cultural competency, and service learning spirit
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal
- Bachelor’s Degree: degree in special education
- Currently hold or willing to gain certification for Special Education, Early Childhood Education in the State of Georgia
- English fluency at a near native level
- Must support the school’s mission, philosophies and goals
- Must have knowledge and experience in differentiating instruction and matching the intervention to meet the individual needs of special education students.
- Experience with elementary students
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate effective communication, professional standards and ethical behavior
- Ability to work effectively with school administration and school colleagues to ensure school culture and student achievement
- Experience working in a school that utilizes a dual-language immersion model preferred (not required)
- Must pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting
SALARY RANGE: $39,281.40 – $58,586.40
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Position Available: 1