Rise Grammar School
The Special Education teacher is primarily responsible for providing appropriate supports for students with learning differences at RISE Grammar (Grades K-4). Additionally, the teacher will manage a caseload of students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), serving as the liaison between the school and families, and as the scholar’s main advocate in the classroom.
Previous teaching experience in grades K-5 and experience working with students with learning differences is preferred. The ideal candidate will have a warm, engaging demeanor and the ability to relate to our scholars in both a small group and one-on-one setting. He or she must possess strong organizational skills and be adept at using technology to support student learning.
Skills and Abilities
- Identify, select and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles and accommodations.
- Assess changing curricular needs and offer specific plans for student improvement.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the school’s code of conduct.
- Provide an engaging and positive learning environment that encourages student success
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver supports for special education students
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to plan instructional activities.
- Communicate with general ed teachers consistently regarding instructional planning, accommodations, and student assessments.
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and other staff regarding student concerns and progress.
- Participate in professional development to stay current on best practices for teaching students with learning differences.
- Maintain student privacy in accordance with Federal Special Education laws
- Qualified Candidates must hold a Georgia Teaching Certificate in Special Education General Curriculum Consultative/Early Childhood P-5; OR Special Education General Curriculum P-12 Consultative
- Experience as a special education teacher or extensive experience working with students with IEPs preferred.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background screening, drug testing, and safety training required.
- Charter school experience preferred.
How to Apply
To apply for career opportunities with the Rise Schools, please contact Davion Lewis at: dlewis