Tybee Island Maritime Academy
REPORTS TO: Principal
WORK DAYS: 190
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To work with parents/guardians to develop and provide an appropriate special education program to eligible exceptional learners.
- Educational Level: Bachelor Degree
- Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate
- Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Communication; Instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners; student management.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance and responsible use of leave.
- Provides instruction that is appropriate.
- Exhibits professionalism in all job related situations.
- Follows professional ethics in all work related activities.
- Communicates responsibly with all individuals and groups.
- Assumes a fair share of outside-the-classroom school responsibilities.
- Maintains plans according to policies and/or directives.
- Promotes the responsible use of materials and equipment.
- Submits accurate paperwork on schedule.
- Prepares adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent.
- Adheres to local school procedures and regulations in a supportive manner.
- Demonstrates loyalty to the school and its leadership.
- Avoids behaviors which detract from staff morale.
- Works cooperatively with colleagues and the community.
- Promotes a positive school environment that enhances student learning.
- Accounts for student attendance and punctuality.
- Directs the conduct of students in accordance with policies at all times.
- Takes all reasonable measures to protect students’ health and safety.
- Seeks to improve through professional development and evaluation activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal.
How to Apply
All resumes should be sent to tybeeislandcharterschool@comca