International Community School
• Provides quality instruction/services to special education students based on IEPs and conducts regular progress monitoring to address adequate progress and school targets.
• Collaborates with general education teachers and support personnel to ensure implementation of required IEP services and accommodations and assures frequent reviews.
• Evaluates academic and social growth of students (pre-post tests), analyzes data, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate records (to include attendance reports, checklists, and other recordkeeping activities) as necessary.
• Evaluates each student’s progress in meeting the Georgia Performance standards.
• Teaches content and skills in all subject areas utilizing curriculum designated by ICS through the Common Core Standards and Georgia Standards of Excellence along with the effective implementation of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IBPYP).
• Create a developmentally appropriate, child centered environment that establishes positive behavioral interventions.
• Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive, and safe classroom environment.
• Identifies student’s needs and cooperates with other professional staff members to address issues such as counseling concerns, SST process, School-Within-a-School (SWS)
• Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
• Participates in staff meetings, joins a staff committee, and supports student activities (i.e. IB Exhibition, Drama, and Photography Club).
• Administers mandated tests in accordance with the testing department of ICS and the DeKalb County School District.
• Teaches through a student centered, inquiry-based creative approach.
• Proven track record of student success on formative, summative and standardized tests as well as impacting student social and emotional well-being.
• Develops a multicultural learning community that emphasizes respect for diversity.
Engages with the community and works with translators and social service providers to help ensure a continuum of support between the home and school.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter that speaks to a proven student achievement track record, the teaching of inquiry based learning and philosophy on global education/diversity along with a current resume. Submit these documents via email email@example.com
ICS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
November 27, 2017