IAS is a public, charter school authorized by the State Charter School Commission (SCSC). The school is located in Cobb County and is open to any students in the county. Our mission is to provide an engaging, student-centered environment that leads to our scholars being well-rounded world citizens who are academically prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We achieve our mission though the following actions: Rigorous instruction, experiential learning, service learning, Spanish in all grades, personalized learning, and increased stakeholder involvement.
Special Education Teachers
Certified special education teacher must have an understanding of special education laws and procedures. Be able to implement the IEP of students. Write IEPs and determine goals and action steps for students. Facilitate IEP meetings as required by state law and local procedures.
- Teaching a rigorous curriculum which utilizes the Georgia Standards of Excellence
- Teaching students in a high-quality, excellent, and exciting way.
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers.
- Participating in Professional Learning Communities
- Constantly assessing and monitoring student learning progress, and communicating results to families, colleagues, and the governing board.
- Using data to make informed instructional decisions to support student growth
- Providing individual or small group instruction, based on data, for students who need additional assistance.
- Differentiating and use of flexible grouping strategies
- Modeling the school’s core values and expectations in all communications with students, families, and staff.
- Exhibiting strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to meet demands with perseverance, integrity, professionalism, and a sense of humor
Must be certified in Special Education
Ability to Pass Background Check /Criminal History
Basic Technical Skills
Strong Desire to Help Students Succeed
How to Apply
Candidates may send resumes to employment.IAS@iasmyrna.org.