SLAM Academy of Atlanta
SLAM Academy’s mission is to provide an engaging, challenging, and supportive learning environment that will motivate all students to be the best they can be in and out of the classroom and prepare them for future success.
Substitute Teacher-The SLAM Academy of Atlanta requires the best-qualified teaching and non-teaching substitutes to serve our students. Continuity in the learning process is supported via the placement of substitute employees during absences of the regular employee.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information;
- Maintains discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive learning environment for all students and staff in accordance with school and county policies;
- Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities;
- Reports to office upon arrival at school; checks mailbox of absent teacher for materials requiring immediate attention; requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary;
- Supervise students out of class such (hallways, cafeteria, etc.);
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible;
- Implements lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate;
- Organizes students for effective instruction;
- Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the building;
- Collects and places students’ papers in regular teacher’s desk;
- Returns instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper place;
- Complies with and supports school and state regulations and policies; and,
- Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school/state policies and practices.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or above from a regionally accredited college or university or a PSC approved institution;
- Valid expired, professional Georgia teaching certificate OR valid or expired, Georgia paraprofessional certificate;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to comprehend and follow directives; and,
- Perform related work as required.
- Substitute Paraprofessional: $65 per day
- Substitute Teacher: $85.00 per day
- 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
How to Apply
Please contact Ms. Walker at email@example.com or (470) 819-4992 for any additional questions.