Dubois Integrity Academy
Reports To: Principal and Building Administrators
SUMMARY: Instructs students and facilitates their learning in the absence of the regular teacher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides classroom instruction to students as outlined in lesson plans.
- Creates a classroom that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintain and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information.
- Maintains discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive learning environment for all students and staff in accordance with the schools policies.
- Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Maintains established routine of the school and classroom procedures in which assigned.
- Maintains a professional appearance as an example to students.
- Remains at school the entire school day, unless otherwise instructed to leave by building principal.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains reasonable rules of conduct which encourage self-discipline and responsibility. Communicates effectively with parents when needed.
- Instructs assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Reports all students injures, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the building.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret lesson plans, technical procedures, and textbooks. Ability to write general correspondence. Ability, both orally and in writing, to present information effectively and respond appropriately to questions and concerns from individuals, administrators, parents, and students. Ability always to communicate using correct grammar.
Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts. Ability to apply elementary concepts such as fractions, decimals, and percentages to practical situations.
How to Apply
Dubois Integrity Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates should forward resume to the principal: Dr. Stephanie Payne at email@example.com