Savannah Exploratory Charter Academy
The duty of a K-4 teacher is to ensure student mastery in all subject areas through implementation of an engaging, interactive, Project Based Learning curriculum appropriately aligned with the Georgia Standards of Excellence. Teachers will collaborate with colleagues via Professional Learning Communities to develop personalized lesson plans driven by data-based decision making. Teachers are accountable for academic and social/emotional growth of students, as well as communicating effectively with parents, students, and school leadership. Teachers report directly to the Head of School.
Effective classroom instruction:
- Ensure mastery of content for a diverse elementary school student population using a personalized learning approach aligned with state standards.
- Engage in the development and delivery of instruction through the Project-Based Learning model to empower student learning and encourage personal ownership and accountability.
- Implements a variety of instructional strategies such as inquiry, whole class, collaborative groups, discovery, etc.
- Foster student proficiency in 21st century skills of communication, creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Employ a variety of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessment strategies to monitor student progress, systematically gathering and analyzing data to inform instructional decisions, and to provide timely and constructive feedback to both students and parents.
- Engage in academic and behavioral goal setting with students and parents.
- Foster a positive classroom climate and support a school culture that recognizes and celebrates diversity, student engagement, innovation, and caring.
- Develop and implement behavior and academic intervention plans when necessary.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Actively participate in all school sponsored professional learning opportunities, particularly in the area of Project-Based Learning.
- Practice reflective teaching, seeking appropriate support from the leadership team and colleagues.
- Serve as an active, contributing member of Professional Learning Communities in order to enhance teacher growth and student achievement.
- Support paraprofessionals, practicum students, and any other team members in their professional growth to deliver high-quality instruction and support student interventions.
- Mentor new or established teachers as needed.
Family and Community Relationships:
- Proactively and consistently communicate with, seek input from, and involve students’ families and/or guardians concerning student learning and school activities or events.
- Involve community stakeholders in learning experiences and Project-Based Learning projects, when appropriate.
- Participate in and otherwise support school functions beyond school hours.
- Attend and actively participate in all staff, committee, and grade level meetings.
- Utilize technology platforms and resources adopted by Savannah Exploratory Academy and facilitate student and teacher interaction with these platforms.
- Adhere to professional and ethical standards as outlined by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education from an accredited university.
- Proven ability to develop effective, engaging lesson plans, implement research-based instructional strategies, and ensure student success at all ability levels.
- GA Certification in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or equivalent concentration.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume addressing the following:
- Brief introduction and qualifications unique to SECA
- Charter school experience
- Relevant experience in Project-Based Learning and virtual learning
Candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to Dr. Chris Tuttle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an initial interview.